Old 09-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Steve

Default Plant query again

Hi
I posted a query to the group about a week ago regarding a white plant I'd
seen and thanks to those who replied. I thought it may have been 'Snow in
Summer' as someone suggested but I've since seen the plant and it doesn't
have silver foilage. I've taken some photos of it but haven't got a clue how
to upload to a webpage for eveyone to see, so is there anyone who I can post
the images to so that they can identify it

Thanks
Steve

please remove nospam for replies

Old 09-05-2003, 08:20 PM
The Devil's Advocate

There are lots of places available where you can upload your photo. Yahoo is
one http://photos.yahoo.com/ You need to sign up, for free, and then it's
easy to upload your picture and copy the url into an email

Steve wrote:
: Hi
: I posted a query to the group about a week ago regarding a white
: plant I'd seen and thanks to those who replied. I thought it may have
: been 'Snow in Summer' as someone suggested but I've since seen the
: plant and it doesn't have silver foilage. I've taken some photos of
: it but haven't got a clue how to upload to a webpage for eveyone to
: see, so is there anyone who I can post the images to so that they can
: identify it
:
: Thanks
: Steve
:
:
: please remove nospam for replies

Old 10-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Steve

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...
There are lots of places available where you can upload your photo. Yahoo

is
one http://photos.yahoo.com/ You need to sign up, for free, and then it's
easy to upload your picture and copy the url into an email

Hi
Thanks for the advice, the plant can be found here. Also there's a pink one
I'd like identified if possible

Regards
Steve

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/swr195...&.order=&.view
=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

please remove nospam for replies

Old 10-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Steve
writes

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...
There are lots of places available where you can upload your photo. Yahoo

is
one http://photos.yahoo.com/ You need to sign up, for free, and then it's
easy to upload your picture and copy the url into an email

Hi
Thanks for the advice, the plant can be found here. Also there's a pink one
I'd like identified if possible

The white one could possibly be white alyssum but looks more like
perennial candytuft

I'd need a close up to be sure - your two pics of the pink are going to
be a lot more easy to identify because you have a closeup.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 10-05-2003, 04:20 PM
CK

Default Plant query answers

Hi,
Pictures of plant 2,3,4 are perennial candytuft, Iberis sempervirens. Prune directly
after flowering by light trimming with shears, or by cutting back somewhat harder if
it has got too big.
Plant 6,7 is a Deutzia possibly 'Deutzia x hybrida'. The Deutzias are very good
early-flowering hardy shrubs. Be careful to prune them correctly though, straight
after flowering, by cutting back all the wood that has flowered to a new shoot which
you should find growing from lower down on the branch.

Regards,
Chris King from Somerset