Old 13-05-2003, 01:44 PM
hayley

Default hose advice

Is it possible to buy a hose and "holder" where I can attach the holder to
the wall, near the tap, and just wind the hose in and out, not necessarily
unwinding it completely each time. Also is there a kind of hose which does
not kink often? At the moment I seem to have to unwind the whole hose every
thing I use it and I always end up with something so kinked that by the time
I've unkinked it all it has started to rain Thanks in advance,
Hayley

Old 13-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Mike

In article , hayley
writes
Is it possible to buy a hose and "holder" where I can attach the holder to
the wall, near the tap, and just wind the hose in and out, not necessarily
unwinding it completely each time. Also is there a kind of hose which does
not kink often? At the moment I seem to have to unwind the whole hose every
thing I use it and I always end up with something so kinked that by the time
I've unkinked it all it has started to rain Thanks in advance,
Hayley

Yes. I have a Hozelock one, but not retractable as the other reply has
directed you to.

Points to bear in mind.

Do you have room to put it on a wall and get a satisfactory 'angle' to
pull the hose out?

Is the size of the drum big enough to get your desired length of hose
on? (I ask this one because I had to have a very long hose to reach the
bottom of the garden to where my garage ad parking place is)

Are you able to pull the hose out and wind it in without beheading your
plants?

And in answer to the kinking question, the Hozelock hose is a much
firmer hose as it will withstand Mains Water pressure when switched off
at the user end. ie watering something then putting the end down without
having to go back to the tap.

TIP TO OTHERS re a hose kinking.

Instead of just coiling it down or winding it up in a coil, lay it out
over a 'figure of 8' or wind it onto 2 pegs in a 'figure of 8'. That way
you will be putting a 'left turn' into the hose, followed by a 'right
turn'. It will then just pull out :-))

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more