Old 17-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Jon Rouse

Default Poncirus trifoliata

Some kind soul sent me some poncirus trifoliata seeds from the states
last year (or probably the year before - its been a bit like that round
here), but not one of them germinated. As this sounded the ideal answer
to our hedging problem, I wondered if anyone knows where you can get the
seeds in the country?

Jon
--
E-mail bouncing? Make sure your mailer is set to 'plain text' and not 'html'.
Old 17-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Jon Rouse
writes
Some kind soul sent me some poncirus trifoliata seeds from the states
last year (or probably the year before - its been a bit like that round
here), but not one of them germinated. As this sounded the ideal answer
to our hedging problem, I wondered if anyone knows where you can get the
seeds in the country?

Chiltern sell them.

I found that they germinate very easily, but despite their tough
appearance, their young shoots are very susceptible to slug damage - the
slugs strip the bark and kill the young plants.

Probably, when mature, there is no longer so much of a problem - slugs
go only for the young stems and do not seem to attack the leaves of my
orange tree.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 17-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Jim W

Kay Easton wrote:

In article , Jon Rouse
writes
Some kind soul sent me some poncirus trifoliata seeds from the states
last year (or probably the year before - its been a bit like that round
here), but not one of them germinated. As this sounded the ideal answer
to our hedging problem, I wondered if anyone knows where you can get the
seeds in the country?

Chiltern sell them.

I found that they germinate very easily, but despite their tough
appearance, their young shoots are very susceptible to slug damage - the
slugs strip the bark and kill the young plants.

Probably, when mature, there is no longer so much of a problem - slugs
go only for the young stems and do not seem to attack the leaves of my
orange tree.
--

ART sell plants pf P. trifoliata.. that said what is your 'hedging
problem' I can think of a variety of thorny pants that could be used for

I imagine they need a slightly acid soil like most citrus types. One of
the things I need to look up a mix for on the web;-)
//
Jim