Old 21-05-2003, 10:20 AM
andyp

Default hessayon Garden expert in French

Does anyone know where (if?) I can get a French language copy of the above
book? I've looked in Amazon.fr and fnac.fr without sucess.

Thanks

AndyP

Old 21-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"andyp" wrote in message
Does anyone know where (if?) I can get a French language copy of the

above
book? I've looked in Amazon.fr and fnac.fr without sucess.

Thanks

AndyP

Andy,

Try:

http://www.alapage.com/

They have several Hessayon books.

Iris McCanna

Old 21-05-2003, 02:08 PM
andyp

Iris
Thanks, unfortunately all of his titles are epuise (not available).

Hessayon's books are like bibles in our house and I would so much like to
send a French version to the out-laws who have, for the first time, a small
garden in their new house. Perhaps I will have to take a trip to the second
hand bookshops in Paris.

AndyP

Old 21-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"andyp" wrote in message
Iris
Thanks, unfortunately all of his titles are epuise (not available).

Hessayon's books are like bibles in our house and I would so much

like to
send a French version to the out-laws who have, for the first time,

a small
garden in their new house. Perhaps I will have to take a trip to the

second
hand bookshops in Paris.

AndyP

Andy,

There is a secondhand one available for 5 euros at:

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/228592?t=271740

I hadn't checked the Alapage availabilities, just their stock :-(

Hope this works out.

Regards
Iris McCanna

Old 22-05-2003, 08:44 AM
andyp

Iris, thanks. This looks promising. The titles are somewhat different but I
guess that is to be expected and for that price I'll take the risk.

Thanks for you help

Au revoir

Old 22-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Philippe Gautier

andyp wrote:
Iris
Thanks, unfortunately all of his titles are epuise (not available).

Hi Andy,

I had a look at a belgian online bookshop www.proxis.be, but they are
all out of stock too!

Philippe

Old 22-05-2003, 12:08 PM
andyp

Philippe, thanks for looking. I had not thought of Belgium as a source.
Perhaps I should look in Canada too.
The 2nd hand route seems to be the only answer at the moment.

AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above

Old 25-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard andyp say...
Hessayon's books are like bibles in our house and I would so much like to
send a French version to the out-laws who have, for the first time, a small
garden in their new house. Perhaps I will have to take a trip to the second
hand bookshops in Paris.

I'm off to Paris in July so the French can throw me a giant birthday
party. If you want me to look out for anything, let me know.
--
Fenny
Al Gore is proof that Tennessee has a sense of humor.