Old 26-05-2003, 03:59 PM
aj

Default heavy clay soil

what if any native British plants/shrubs will grow in heavy clay?
thanks.

Old 26-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Phil Allen

On Mon, 26 May 2003 15:56:25 +0100, "aj" wrote:

I'm not able to give you specific plant names but i sure these people
can
http://www.naturescape.co.uk/index.htm

90% of my garden is british natives and has come from these people,
which is really handy as they are just down the road from me.

My soil is not heavy clay, but its not far off, when its wet its very
wet and when its dry its like rock, but most things seem to grow ok.

Phil

Old 26-05-2003, 09:32 PM
hayley

dogwood, marshmallow, hawthorn, blackthorn, willow, feverfew, honesty - not
sure if all these are native but all are growing happily in and around my
garden (on heavy clay).
Hayley

Old 26-05-2003, 09:44 PM
janet.bennett

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...vy/index.shtml
The above site may help you.

"aj" wrote in message
what if any native British plants/shrubs will grow in heavy clay?
thanks.

Plant for heavy clay soil Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] United Kingdom 1 08-05-2016 10:50 AM
Shrubs for heavy clay Shooks Gardening 0 09-04-2013 11:27 AM
Rotavator for heavy clay? Steve Jones United Kingdom 6 23-03-2007 10:04 AM
plant pot soil add sand to the clay soil ? ghbt United Kingdom 6 21-03-2005 07:12 AM
Clay Clay and More Clay BTInternet News United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 09:32 PM