Old 30-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Rick McGreal

Default A few questions please!!

I have a few questions if you all don't mind!

Ok.....
First....Can anyone ID this?
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/bottlebrush.jpg
I picked it up yesterday from my local garden centre for 1.99 as it had no
ID tags and the pot was damaged...
Its a wonderful little plant.....It looks just like a bottlebrush and the
ends of the spikes seem to shimmer in the sunlight!
Well worth the princly price I paid for it! B-)

Next question....
What is this?
I thought it was a rose....But after asking a couple of people they say it
isn't....
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/whatisthis1.jpg

What is wrong with my potato?
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/potatoproblem.jpg
One set is stems is obviously dying back....
But the rest are still very strong and healthy...
But the 'sick' stems are still coming to flower just like the others
And they are all from the same single seed potato......

Is this windburn on my tomatoes?
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/tomatoproblem.jpg

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Oh....And if anyone is curious here is a few pikkies of my 'newbie'
gardenners garden!
I am immensly(sp?) proud of it as when I got the house I knew very little
about how to do much of anything!
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/mygarden1.jpg
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/mygarden2.jpg
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/mygarden3.jpg
Old 30-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Helen

I think I can help you with the first two identifications.
The first one is a Callistemon (Bottle brush tree) and the second one
looks like an Elder Tree sapling.

I hope this is of some help. Sorry I can't help with your other
queries.
Old 31-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Justin Burnett

"Helen" wrote in message
om...
I think I can help you with the first two identifications.
The first one is a Callistemon (Bottle brush tree) and the second one
looks like an Elder Tree sapling.

I think the second one is an Elder too. Is there an easy way to get rid of
them? The last one that turned up in my garden took years to kill off. It
finally gave up when I dug down as far as I could and put a concrete slab
over what was left of the root.

Old 31-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Helen

"Justin Burnett" wrote in message ...
"Helen" wrote in message
om...
I think I can help you with the first two identifications.
The first one is a Callistemon (Bottle brush tree) and the second one
looks like an Elder Tree sapling.

I think the second one is an Elder too. Is there an easy way to get rid of
them? The last one that turned up in my garden took years to kill off. It
finally gave up when I dug down as far as I could and put a concrete slab
over what was left of the root.

They are persistant aren't they? I have always just dug them up. They
appear from nowhere because they are bird-sown. In other words the
lovely juicy berries are eaten by birds who then fly to all corners of
the land and 'deposit' the pips from the elderberries by nature's way,
if you see what I mean! There is a superstition that says it is unwise
to cut down an elder tree, but I am not superstitious
By the way, if you go out for a walk on warm evenings (like today) and
walk past elder flowers, just enjoy the gorgeous scent that comes from
the flowers.
Elderflower champagne anyone?

Old 31-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Jayne

Defintely a bottle brush - they can grow quite tall & the birds love them.
Great buy!

Jayne

"Rick McGreal" wrote in message
I have a few questions if you all don't mind!

Ok.....
First....Can anyone ID this?
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/bottlebrush.jpg
I picked it up yesterday from my local garden centre for 1.99 as it had no
ID tags and the pot was damaged...
Its a wonderful little plant.....It looks just like a bottlebrush and the
ends of the spikes seem to shimmer in the sunlight!
Well worth the princly price I paid for it! B-)

"Green Waste" and fence panels - long and a few questions Warwick United Kingdom 0 20-04-2003 01:44 AM
a few questions Nic Bonsai 1 31-03-2003 03:32 PM
[IBC] a few questions kevin bailey Bonsai 0 31-03-2003 09:32 AM