Old 01-06-2003, 10:56 PM
GoldDustRhiannon

Default How do you search for posts which have expired?

I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of posts
somewhere? I asked a question a couple of weeks ago but was unable to catch the
replies which have since disappeared.

Help anyone?
Lorraine
Old 01-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Natalie

"GoldDustRhiannon" wrote in message
I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of

posts
somewhere? I asked a question a couple of weeks ago but was unable to

catch the
replies which have since disappeared.

Help anyone?
Lorraine

You can access all URG messages through www.google.com - click on groups -
type in uk.rec.gardening and then you'll get all 133,000 posts ;-)

If you know the thread, type that in...it'll narrow the search!

HTH

Natalie

Old 01-06-2003, 11:08 PM
GoldDustRhiannon

ooooh thankyou - this will keep me quiet for hours ;o)

Lorraine
Old 01-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Randall P. McMurphy

also try gooleling for it on googlegroups.

rpm

http://www.google.co.uk/grphp?tab=wg...oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Old 01-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Essjay001

GoldDustRhiannon wrote:
ooooh thankyou - this will keep me quiet for hours ;o)

Lorraine

Weeks!

Old 01-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Paul Kelly

"Natalie" wrote in message

"GoldDustRhiannon" wrote in message
I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of

posts
somewhere? I asked a question a couple of weeks ago but was unable to

catch the
replies which have since disappeared.

Help anyone?
Lorraine

You can access all URG messages through www.google.com - click on groups -
type in uk.rec.gardening and then you'll get all 133,000 posts ;-)

If you know the thread, type that in...it'll narrow the search!

Go to the advanced search option, type in uk.rec gardening plus a key
phrase from your post and you should be right there.

pk

Old 02-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Brian Watson

"Natalie" wrote in message

"GoldDustRhiannon" wrote in message
I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of

posts
somewhere?

Start here...

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

--
Brian
"Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."

Old 02-06-2003, 09:59 AM
Derek Turner

On 01 Jun 2003 21:47:46 GMT, ojunk
(GoldDustRhiannon) wrote:

I read using AOL

Why??????????
--
Derek Turner

Outlook Express is worth precisely what you paid for it.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Jim W

GoldDustRhiannon wrote:

I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of
posts somewhere? I asked a question a couple of weeks ago but was unable
to catch the replies which have since disappeared.

As recommended by others google works well (it doesn't necesarily
archive 'every' post.)

As an AOL user you may find:
http://www.aol.com/nethelp/news/news.html

Useful, given AOL's own unique interface.
//
Jim

Old 09-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Gareth Jones

In article , Brian Watson
writes
I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of

posts
somewhere?

Start here...

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Of course, typing
www.deja.com
Is still the quickest ... and most nostalgic way to access usenet :-)

Gareth Jones

"Reality sucks - go watch a Star Trek"

To email, remove the '_ns_' from

Old 10-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Jim W

Gareth Jones wrote:

In article , Brian Watson
writes
I read using AOL and was wondering if there is some kind of archive of
posts
somewhere?

Start here...

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Of course, typing
www.deja.com
Is still the quickest ... and most nostalgic way to access usenet :-)

Yes, it takes you to the above address.
//
Old 10-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Gareth Jones

In article 1fwb6wy.cqz6c81ya5lxgN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Of course, typing
www.deja.com
Is still the quickest ... and most nostalgic way to access usenet :-)

Yes, it takes you to the above address.

But with less typing. And therefore quicker.... and easier to remember
..... and nicer .......And.......

Old 15-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Gareth Jones
writes
In article 1fwb6wy.cqz6c81ya5lxgN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Of course, typing
www.deja.com
Is still the quickest ... and most nostalgic way to access usenet :-)

Yes, it takes you to the above address.

But with less typing. And therefore quicker.... and easier to remember
.... and nicer .......And.......

Not heard of bookmarks then...........?
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 15-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Ophelia

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message ...
In message , Gareth Jones
writes
In article 1fwb6wy.cqz6c81ya5lxgN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net
, Jim W writes
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

Of course, typing
www.deja.com
Is still the quickest ... and most nostalgic way to access usenet :-)

Yes, it takes you to the above address.

But with less typing. And therefore quicker.... and easier to remember
.... and nicer .......And.......

Not heard of bookmarks then...........?

Actually you are referring to URLs.

For newsgroup posts you need to go to