Old 14-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Flatley my dear, I don't riverdance.

Default Tomato Plant

I have a tomato plant which is over 2 metres tall and prone to drying
out. Just put it outside and I am off for a week abroad. What should I
do to prevent it drying out or should I not worry.

I have 3 types of tomato. Ailsa Craig, Sungold and Shirley.
Old 14-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Emrys Davies

'Shirley',

Arrange your hosepipe so that it DRIPS very slowly onto the roots of
your plant. I have just tried it out this minute and it works.

Have a nice break.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 14-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Annabel

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'Shirley',

Arrange your hosepipe so that it DRIPS very slowly onto the roots of
your plant. I have just tried it out this minute and it works.

Have a nice break.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I tried that several years ago, be advised that the presure variations
in the water supply make this an inexact sytem, useing a pressure
regulater solves the problem, it also means that you are well on your
way to a drip system.

bel