Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Help with feeding

I am doing my best to follow the instructions when it comes to
feeding, erring on the side of less if at all. However, plants
sometimes need some kind of correction, and I am looking for your
help.

Both symptoms are to do with roses in containers. One of them (unknown
hybrid tea) has developed this year the tendency to droop its flowers,
unlike last year. Does that mean too much nitrogen? Too little
potassium? Or perhaps not enough sun?

The other (pink flower carpet) shows yellowing of leaves, mainly from
the centre of the bush (possibly these are older ones, I don't think
it shed them all), delay and unwillingness to flower and some blind
shoots (withered ends). General malnutrition? I fed it with granular
rose fertiliser when I pruned it and (at a later stage) with chicken
manure pellets.

Thanks in advance for any opinions,

Kostas

Tomato feeding Annabel United Kingdom 1 15-07-2003 03:07 PM
When to start feeding? Bob Ponds 18 18-03-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding fish in planted tank Artur Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 11-03-2003 06:45 PM
staghorn ferns, feeding? mcameron, bill Gardening 4 06-03-2003 05:15 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM