Old 23-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Strawberry runners

When do strawberries set their runners?

I have had a fair crop of strawberries and it seems to have stopped for
now...

Should I be getting runners soon?
Old 23-06-2003, 10:44 PM
The Devil's Advocate

My strawberries are sending out loads of runners while they're still
cropping, so you should get some soon I would have thought

:

--
praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Old 23-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Rick McGreal

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
:

: When do strawberries set their runners?
: I have had a fair crop of strawberries and it seems to have stopped
: for now...
: Should I be getting runners soon?
My strawberries are sending out loads of runners while they're still
cropping, so you should get some soon I would have thought

Heres hoping....

I mainly wanted runners this year.....I only have 2 plants and the idea of
having so many more next year is what I am planning on...

I don't want to buy any if I can possibly avoid it! B-)

Old 24-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Chris Norton

On 23 Jun 2003 22:31:44 GMT, Rick McGreal
wrote:

Heres hoping....

I mainly wanted runners this year.....I only have 2 plants and the idea of
having so many more next year is what I am planning on...

I don't want to buy any if I can possibly avoid it! B-)

Ours also are sending the runners out like mad at the mo. 2 plants
might just be taking their time. 8-)
Old 24-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Victoria Clare

Rick McGreal wrote in
:

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
:

: When do strawberries set their runners?
: I have had a fair crop of strawberries and it seems to have stopped
: for now...
: Should I be getting runners soon?
My strawberries are sending out loads of runners while they're still
cropping, so you should get some soon I would have thought

Heres hoping....

I mainly wanted runners this year.....I only have 2 plants and the
idea of having so many more next year is what I am planning on...

I don't want to buy any if I can possibly avoid it! B-)

I have a theory that strawberries can tell if you want them to runner, and
deliberately don't. Try walking round making loud comments about how good
it is that you've found plants that want to concentrate on fruit. ;-)

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Old 24-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Rick McGreal

Victoria Clare wrote in
.209:

I have a theory that strawberries can tell if you want them to runner,
and deliberately don't. Try walking round making loud comments about
how good it is that you've found plants that want to concentrate on
fruit. ;-)

Ah....Good old reverse psycology(sp?)....

But I have been swearing at so many opf my plants that if they don't buck
up they will be in the bin.....

I don't want to confuse the poor things!
Old 24-06-2003, 11:44 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Rick McGreal
writes
I mainly wanted runners this year.....I only have 2 plants and the idea
of having so many more next year is what I am planning on...

I don't want to buy any if I can possibly avoid it! B-)

What bearing are you from London? I'll point some of mine in your
direction and, the rate they're growing, they should arrive at your
place before the end of the season.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 24-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Rick McGreal

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
:

I don't want to buy any if I can possibly avoid it! B-)

What bearing are you from London?

*Gets out compass*
Directly north I think....
Wakefield.....Near the top of the M1 (Just nr Leeds)

I'll point some of mine in your direction and, the rate they're growing,
they should arrive at your place before the end of the season.

Right...I have a pair of scissors and a pot ready....when they have snaked
up the path I'll pop em in....B-)
I just hope they don't get lynched by the wimbledon set hoping for cheaper
fare!

strawberry runners Laura J Gardening 2 17-07-2004 02:02 AM
Saving strawberry runners IC_Gardener Edible Gardening 2 08-10-2003 05:13 AM
Strawberry Runners Janice United Kingdom 2 10-09-2003 07:42 AM
Strawberry runners Rick McGreal United Kingdom 21 02-07-2003 02:44 PM
strawberry runners shazzbat United Kingdom 3 30-06-2003 10:20 AM