Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Derek Banks

Default Noisey Birds

Over the last few years Crows have moved into our area of residential
Surrey along with a big increase in Magpies. For several hours today -
high sun - the din from these two species over and around the gardens
was a deafening squawking and shrieking. They were flying around
buzzing each other constantly wheeling, turning and changing places on
the tree tops, roofs and television aerials. It was almost as if they
were competing for the top territory trying to oust each other. After
about three hours, mid afternoon, the racket died down and all was
peaceful. We thought it extra ordinary behaviour and wondered what was
going on. It's a bit late for nest invading.
They can make as much noise as they like but please any ideas?

Pam and Derek Banks