Old 14-07-2003, 01:12 AM
More to Wiggle

Default Privet

I am thinking about planting some privet bushes in my garden and wondered
how quickly they grow. Any ideas?

Vicky

Old 14-07-2003, 08:22 AM
amanda pope

A lot depends on the variety.
Vulgaris is quick, ovalifolium not quite so. compactum slow. their
variegated and golden cultivars are slower.
All tend to moderate growth in the first couple of years till roots are
established 2-3 inch year then they do the usual 6in +

If your location is favourable they may grow quicker. If cold and windy on
clay soil, slower.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

Old 14-07-2003, 09:30 AM
David Hill

Before planting do think about the choice you have,
Golden, golden variegated, silver variegated and lots of other ornamental
forms from small bushes to trees of 40ft +

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-07-2003, 09:40 AM
David Hill

Before planting do think about the choice you have,
Golden, golden variegated, silver variegated and lots of other ornamental
forms from small bushes to trees of 40ft +

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

A Privet Hedge Question Willy Skass Lawns 2 11-06-2003 07:20 AM
Privet Hedge IBM United Kingdom 6 07-03-2003 08:55 AM
[IBC] Unhappy Privet Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 2 20-02-2003 12:51 AM
Privet Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 12-02-2003 03:25 AM
Privet hedge and camoflauge Micko United Kingdom 3 22-10-2002 08:19 AM