Old 18-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Paul D.Smith

Default Newbie cucumbers pest problem?

OK, so I've never grown cucumbers until this year. I have a single female
plant, and I've been keeping an eye open for any rogue male flowers.
Hurrah, I have some small, but growing, cucumbers. But what are those
"nobbley bits" on them?

These "bits" are green, almost spherical, with a a single "hair" on top.
They look like legless aphids, don't appear to move and seem to be latched
on rather well, so well that I'm wondering are they a pest or actually part
of the cucumber?

Any ideas from the group as to what these are? I've not found a description
of what they might be yet, and a picture would be even better if someone has
seen this before!

Thanks,
Paul DS

--
Please remove the "x-" if replying to sender.

Problem with cucumbers rosemarie face Edible Gardening 2 23-06-2004 05:04 AM
help wanted identifying zucchini pest problem Dawn Edible Gardening 2 20-06-2004 04:03 PM
PEst problem Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 05-12-2003 01:33 PM
pest problem Maryann Albano Orchids 1 05-08-2003 05:02 AM
Newbie cucumbers pest problem? Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 1 19-07-2003 12:23 AM