Old 21-07-2003, 02:55 AM
shannie

Default pixie lilies

I was given some 'pixie' lillies a few weeks ago, in full flower and
smelling wonderful, they are in 9" pots, 4 stems (so I assume 4 plants) per
pot. One has just finished flowering (gale force winds saw to that on
Friday ) and the other has 3 buds left to open. I'm wondering now what I do
with them for the rest of the year, let em die off in the pots? Repot now?
Repot later? Divide? Take them out and dry them off and store them somehow?
Bung them in the ground with all the other lilies? Put the pots in the
greenhouse for the winter? As you may have guessed I've never grown them in
pots before, in fact when I plant lilies and most other tubers and bulbs
thats it, they stay where they are, Im very lucky with dahlias, daffs,
tulips, gladioli and the other lilies, they seem to multiply and go on year
after year. Now I have some in pots Im stumped!

Any advice would be welcome

Shannie