Old 28-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Bristol, England
Default Newbie Question

Hi all i have a question for all you veteran gardeners, this year after being in the house 8years i decided to do something with the back garden (25'x65' of grass). We now have a shed, reenhouse, decking and gazebo. i'm quite happy with how things are coming along but not knowing a thing about gardening i just feed them all and potter about.
My question is this i also planted two trees a golden honey locust and a Birch bark cherry hopefully they wont get huge. Please can someone explain to me the best way too prune/train them to grow nice.
The locust is currently about 2/3' tall with long new growth growing outwards not upwards,
The Cherry is tall 8'ish with just a few branchs reaching upwards (not much new growth yet)

Thanks in advanced Mark.

[IBC] Newbie question Jim Lewis Bonsai 7 03-09-2003 01:42 AM
Newbie Potato Tire Question Richard Lovering Edible Gardening 5 27-07-2003 11:02 AM
[IBC] Repotting- Newbie question Luis Fontanills Bonsai 6 01-04-2003 07:20 AM
Repotting- Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 0 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Newbie question Buridan Bonsai 3 26-01-2003 07:53 PM