Old 31-07-2003, 04:33 PM
miklol

Default storing potatoes

I have grown potatoes in tubs as I don't have a lot of space, now I need to
lift them, what is the best way to keep them stored, although I expect to
use them before any frost. I have also ordered some late potatoes to plant
in August(?), will they be ok in tubs,and how can I be sure they will keep
ok in winter?

Old 31-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Alan Gould

In article , miklol
writes
I have grown potatoes in tubs as I don't have a lot of space, now I need to
lift them, what is the best way to keep them stored, although I expect to
use them before any frost. I have also ordered some late potatoes to plant
in August(?), will they be ok in tubs,and how can I be sure they will keep
ok in winter?

Potatoes, whether storing or growing, must remain frost free and
protected from daylight. Keep your grown crop in a paper or hessian bag
after having made sure that they are dry and having taken out any
damaged or diseased tubers. Give the autumn sown plants as much light
and warmth as you can, and aim to have the crop grown by mid-October.
They can be kept in the ground until Xmas, but it would be as well to
check them regularly for rots or weevil attacks.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.