Old 02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Jim Paterson

Default Sticky problem!!

Childrens tree house is supported by large pine tree which is leaking resin
from a branch onto the floor making it untenable for the children to play
in. Q. Is there a product such as a bandage to bind the wound and stop the
resin leak? Also what is good for cleaning off the resin from hands, clothes
etc.. TIA

Old 02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jim Paterson wrote:
Childrens tree house is supported by large pine tree which is leaking resin
from a branch onto the floor making it untenable for the children to play
in. Q. Is there a product such as a bandage to bind the wound and stop the
resin leak? Also what is good for cleaning off the resin from hands, clothes
etc.. TIA

Dunno and meths, respectively.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:32 PM
David Hill

Why not put Polythene as a ceiling between the branch and the tree house.
Remove the resin with Turpentine (Don't know about turps substitute),
I doubt if meths would work.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 02-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Franz Heymann

"David Hill" wrote in message
Why not put Polythene as a ceiling between the branch and the tree house.
Remove the resin with Turpentine (Don't know about turps substitute),
I doubt if meths would work.

White spirit works.
Lighter fuel works.
Turps works, but can hurt if you have a tender or punctured skin

[Franz Heymann]

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Jim Paterson

snip
Thanks for replies folks. Have tried white spirit and it works. Also
disintegrated my latex gloves.
Turps also works but on balance I think white spirit better.
Not sure about the polythene idea as it would detract from the aesthetic
look of the interior, Maybe try hessian.
Jim

Old 06-08-2003, 11:19 PM
David Hill

"....... Thanks for replies folks. Have tried white spirit and it works.
Also disintegrated my latex gloves.
Turps also works but on balance I think white spirit better.
Not sure about the polythene idea as it would detract from the aesthetic
look of the interior, Maybe try Hessian. Jim ."

Why not use polythene with Hessian over it as a masking layer?

I would be more worried about disintegrating gloves than getting some white
spirit on my hands,
I always clean my hands with white spirit when I have been painting, then
wash off with detergent then some hand cream after that.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries