Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Jim W

Default Horticultural Show insurance?

A few questions for any URGlers involved with local Horticultural
Societies & Allotments Associations. Do you get insurance for your
shows?

If so how much and where? What type?

Do you insure on a rented property eg church hall?

Any other info on insurance and shows appreciated.

Cheers
//
Jim

Old 06-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Eric

Jim

Our Society (Broadwey and Upwey Horticultural Society) (Weymouth,
Dorset)reviewed our insurance problems a couple of years ago and so the
details are now getting rather hazy but if you don't get a good reply to
this posting let me know and I will ask our Secretary for the full details.

As far as the Hall is concerened, where you hold your shows, check that this
is fully covered for the normal insurance problems that any hall needs to be
covered for. You shouldn't have to worry about this.

In our particular case, affiliation to the Dorset Federation of
Horticultural Societies covers public liabilty claims at our shows. (I
appreciate that you may not have that kind of facility.)

I believe I am correct in saying - but this needs checking - that our
affiliation to the RHS also gives us public liability cover at our shows.

Certainly it is very important to have full public liability insurance, of
course, particularly in the present culture of people claiming for the most
obscure things but, unfortunately, public liability insurance has gone up
tremendously since September 11.

Do let me know if I can help any further when I will have a little more time
to get the true facts.

Eric

news:1fz8mix.1u37trjatzqlaN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...

Old 06-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fz8mix.1u37trjatzqlaN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
A few questions for any URGlers involved with local Horticultural
Societies & Allotments Associations. Do you get insurance for your
shows?

If so how much and where? What type?

Do you insure on a rented property eg church hall?

Any other info on insurance and shows appreciated.

Cheers
//
Jim

I have only had experience of clubs/soc that are affiliated to larger ones
(Hardy Plant local groups etc) in these cases any events are covered by the
main groups insurance, Try CIS they seem quite flexible

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 PM
David Hill

If your society is affiliated to the RHS then contact them, they may have
some group insurance going.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 07-08-2003, 09:11 PM
M K Rogerson

"David Hill" wrote in message
If your society is affiliated to the RHS then contact them, they may have
some group insurance going.

This is almost certainly the cheapest way to go. Our local garden club has
become affiliated to the RHS simply because they offered the most cost
effective answer to the third party liability issue for both the annual show
an dour monthly group meetings.

Martin R

Old 07-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Jim W

Jim W wrote:

A few questions for any URGlers involved with local Horticultural
Societies & Allotments Associations. Do you get insurance for your
shows?

If so how much and where? What type?

Do you insure on a rented property eg church hall?

Any other info on insurance and shows appreciated.

Cheers
//
Jim

Thanks so far everyone.. Keep the great information coming people this
is really useful stuff.

//
Jim