Old 06-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Paul Moynagh

Default Garden 'donkey' / carry sheet / tarpaulin

Rectangular sheet, handles at 4 corners, about 6 x 4 feet:
there seems to be no consensus on what to call it. Almost the
most useful 'tool' in my woodland garden.

The one I bought 15 years ago was subjected to very heavy
abuse, carrying heavy prunings, tree branches, brambles etc
etc. It gave up the ghost only 3 years ago. I have since worn
out (torn) at least 4 of its replacements. Where can I can get
one as robust and hard wearing as my old one?

--
Paul Moynagh

Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 PM
David Hill

Why not get hold of a couple of the bags they use for bulk sand etc, they
are now not allowed to re use them so should be plenty looking for a home.
I know they don't open out flat but I have used them for grass clippings and
also for the product from my chipper, and have left both in the bags for
several months with no effect on the bags.

And the price is good.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 10-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Paul Moynagh

In message
"David Hill" wrote:

Why not get hold of a couple of the bags they use for bulk sand etc, they
are now not allowed to re use them so should be plenty looking for a home.
I know they don't open out flat but I have used them for grass clippings and
also for the product from my chipper, and have left both in the bags for
several months with no effect on the bags.

And the price is good.

Thanks David for that tip - I had not thought of it and it may well be
the best solution.

--
Paul Moynagh

Old 11-08-2003, 06:08 AM
ned

Paul Moynagh wrote:
In message
"David Hill"

wrote:

Why not get hold of a couple of the bags they use for bulk sand

etc,
they are now not allowed to re use them so should be plenty looking
for a home. I know they don't open out flat but I have used them

for
grass clippings and also for the product from my chipper, and have
left both in the bags for several months with no effect on the

bags.

And the price is good.

Thanks David for that tip - I had not thought of it and it may well

be
the best solution.

And if you can't get a second hand sand bag,
www.screwfix.com
advertise "1 ton bags" at £8.49.

--
ned