Old 07-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Gav_2000

Default Fungus in Lawn

I have started to get a fungus in my lawn. It grows in a pale beige
lump and is very solid. It grows very quickly after rain and is so
dense that if I pull it up it leaves a completely bald patch. I can
kill each patch by cutting them to allow lawn spot weed killer into
the fungus. Not cutting them means the weed killer won't kill it as
the fungus is so dense.

I live in a new house but the fungus may be on the site of a very
large oak tree that the builders removed. They laid at least 12" of
topsoil on top of this and it was turfed before I moved in. The lawn
is in generally good condition so I like to get rid of this fungus if
possible.

Having looked through the archives I conclude that it may be Honey
Fungus. I will look for Armillatox in my garden centre but are there
any other recommendations of how to get rid of this stuff?

Gavin.

PS. I had considered removing the grass and planting this area but it
appears that this fungus may kill plants I put in. Are there any
varities that would be unaffected by the fungus in this area?

Fungus growing on our lawn tp123 Lawns 6 16-09-2008 01:35 PM
Does seaweed really kill lawn fungus? walterbyrd Lawns 0 12-05-2008 03:02 PM
Last year, fungus fungus everywhere Natalka Rosalia Maria Roshak Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2005 06:26 PM
Blue fungus on lawn grass jml Plant Science 2 27-10-2003 06:02 AM
Lawn and fungus Mary Straiton Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM