Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2003, 05:32 PM
jerrybuilt

Default Best lawn weedkiller?

Al wrote:
just had new turf put in. Some weeds have started to grow
through the grass.

What is the best and most economical lawn weedkiller? I'm
happy to use a watering can or pump spray to spread the
weedkiller.

To kill everything, slosh on some glyphosphate, or for longer
term treatment use sodium chloride. The whole lawn will go
brown and die quickly.

Oh - that's not what you want? Ah. So.

Regular mowing will do for most weeds. Spot seeding will do
for plantains, thistles, dandelions etc. I don't know what
area treatments are used now, try asking your school or football
club groundsman, or at a garden centre (you may not want to pay
their prices, just get ideas), or try uk.rec.gardening (I have
taken the liberty of cross-psoting this).

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Best solution for dog pee burn on lawn - water, lime, gypsum -what is best? Bob F Lawns 2 15-06-2016 07:22 PM
weedkiller and lawn (maybe a silly question...) P. Alves United Kingdom 6 13-08-2009 11:07 AM
Lawn weedkiller - pet friendly chris thame United Kingdom 0 05-06-2009 04:12 PM
Weedkiller TAK United Kingdom 0 20-10-2002 11:14 AM
Environmentally Friendly Weedkiller Jane Ransom United Kingdom 3 28-09-2002 04:51 PM