Old 12-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Damned caterpillers!

I was given a mixture of cabbage type plants, but the damned
caterpillars are decimating the things.

I look at them every day and I've killed dozens but they keep coming.

What the hell can I do about them, or should I just pull them up and
put them on the compost heap?

Alan

Old 13-08-2003, 07:43 AM
sw

Alan Holmes wrote:

I was given a mixture of cabbage type plants, but the damned
caterpillars are decimating the things.

I look at them every day and I've killed dozens but they keep coming.

What the hell can I do about them, or should I just pull them up and
put them on the compost heap?

Get some enviromesh from

http://www.organiccatalog.com

I've got two 3m lengths draped over the brassicas; the butterflies
flutter over it constantly, but can't get in. Very satisfying. Some
hatched from eggs laid before I got the stuff over the cabbages, but
*they* can't get out and are easily killed.

regards
sarah

--
Think of it as evolution in action.

caterpillers on the plants Pam Gibbs Ponds 6 31-07-2004 06:26 PM
Caterpillers! J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 10-06-2004 11:04 PM
Fecking Damned cats!!! Bob Smith United Kingdom 72 16-03-2004 04:35 AM