Old 12-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Bob Smith

Default Fecking Damned cats!!!

For the record, our failed methods a

Paprika and white pepper sprinkled around. *I* can smell the pepper in

the
garden, so why do they still come?
Lemony cat repellant pellets.
Shouting, hissing. Running at them makes them clear off, but they come
back.

Failed methods update:

Jeyes fluid does not work.

Considering the catapult idea for a painful reminder, maybe even a pistol
crossbow for a more permanent one. The problem is catching them, wheras
deterrants are 24 hour. I will only need to catch one once to stop them
with the crossbow. This may be a problem though. A cat I and my wife have
never seen before nearly fell off the fence scrambling to get away from me.
Talk must get around.

Bob

Old 13-03-2004, 03:25 PM
soon to be birthday girl :)

Bob Smith wrote:

For the record, our failed methods a

Paprika and white pepper sprinkled around. *I* can smell the pepper in

the
garden, so why do they still come?
Lemony cat repellant pellets.
Shouting, hissing. Running at them makes them clear off, but they come
back.

Failed methods update:

Jeyes fluid does not work.

Considering the catapult idea for a painful reminder, maybe even a pistol
crossbow for a more permanent one. The problem is catching them, wheras
deterrants are 24 hour. I will only need to catch one once to stop them
with the crossbow. This may be a problem though. A cat I and my wife have
never seen before nearly fell off the fence scrambling to get away from me.
Talk must get around.

Sooner or later cat owners will start wanting to know who is maiming or
killing their pets. At this point if you are lucky, the RSPCA will bring
a prosecution. If you are unlucky, a cat loving, slightly unhinged
person like me will set fire to your home one night while you and your
family are asleep.

Old 14-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Rick

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:04:12 GMT, "soon to be birthday girl "
wrote:

Bob Smith wrote:

[...]

Do your cats use a litter tray?
If not, why not?

Rick...
Old 14-03-2004, 04:24 AM

I agree. I am a very serious gardener who loves my garden to bits but
I also have a cat who I love to bits as well and if I hear of one more
**** on this news group who threatens to hurt a cat then I will
personally look them up and pay them a visit in the early hours.

If the god of garden TV's Mr Titchmarsh can have a fantasic garden
with 2 cats then why can the rest of you not live with them.

Just think of the distress you cause the the cats and the owners if
one of them was harmed or went missing.

As I said I love my garden but cats are living creatures so dont
forget that.

Old 14-03-2004, 04:28 AM
mich

wrote in message
om...
I agree. I am a very serious gardener who loves my garden to bits but
I also have a cat who I love to bits as well and if I hear of one more
**** on this news group who threatens to hurt a cat then I will
personally look them up and pay them a visit in the early hours.

Let me know the when and where if you are making nocturnal visitations (
cat burglar style) on the said ****s. I'll keep you company.

If the god of garden TV's Mr Titchmarsh can have a fantasic garden
with 2 cats then why can the rest of you not live with them.

Hear hear, most sensible thing said tonight!