Old 21-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Richard Savage

Default Replacement for a screen providing Christmas tree

Front garden has a low (18") boundary wall. Behind the wall, in the
furthest corner of the garden from the driveway, is a tall narrow
unidentified conifer that is causing no problems. Next to this, and as
close to the wall, is what can only be described as an ex-Christmas
tree. This is now two storeys high with a correspondingly huge overlap
across the (public) pavement. As a temporary measure we have cut back
all the overhang to allow safe negotiation of the pavement. In the long
term I will take the tree down.

So, I'm after suggestions for a replacement please. Possibly a hedge of
some sort?

Requirements a year round screening to a height of between 6 and 8'.
This is because I hide my trailer from prying eyes behind these trees.

There are hedges along the boundaries with my neighbours - mine is a
well kept Lawson Cypress approx. 6' high by 2' wide, the other is a
mixed hedge with Cobb Tree, Hawthorn and other stuff!

Thanks

Richard