Old 25-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Rod

Default Blue Poppy seeds

I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back in May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address) and Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

Rod

Old 25-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"Rod" wrote in message
I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back in

May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address) and

Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

Hello Rod,
Am I too late for a very small number? I would be quite content if I could
just raise one or two plants. Just in case I am lucky, I am sending you my
address directly.

Franz

Old 25-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Ophelia

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Rod" news.readfreenews.net wrote in message
I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back

in
May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address)

and
Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

Hello Rod,
Am I too late for a very small number? I would be quite content if I

could
just raise one or two plants. Just in case I am lucky, I am sending you

my
address directly.

Much as I hate to do it... me too)

Old 27-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Janet & Tim Costidell

I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back in
May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address) and

Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

Hi Rod,

You have obviously been successful growing these, do you have any tips? We
have followed the instructions on the back of the seed packet to the letter,
two years on the trot, and had seedlings, which then die. We have two
Meconopsis (garden centre bought) which are thriving by a pond, but can't
seem to raise them from seed. Can you offer any help?

Old 27-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Rod

"Janet & Tim Costidell" wrote in message
You have obviously been successful growing these, do you have any tips? We have followed the instructions on

the back of the seed packet to the letter, two years on the trot, and had seedlings, which then die. We have two
Meconopsis (garden centre bought) which are thriving by a pond, but can't seem to raise them from seed. Can you
offer any help?

Try preparing a seed bed around your plant and shake some seed pods onto it - if the growing conditions are
suitable they will self sow quite happily esp M. betonicifolia.
Don't expect too much from bought seeds (except Chiltern's - they prepare theirs and store it properly) Otherwise
fresh seed is best'
(a) They're hardy plants so don't mollycoddle them, they need to be cool and humid and in well drained but reliably
moist slightly acid soil.
(b)The fresh seeds germinate freely on the surface of moist ericaceous compost under clingfilm - outdoors in good
light but not direct sun. After germination remove clingfilm and leave outside. The seedlings are deciduous so they
seem to disappear during the winter but some (only a small proportion) will reappear and can be pricked out and
grown on in the ordinary way, pot on as needed and plant in final positions in late summer.
(c) See (a) above - don't let them anywhere near a greenhouse or propagator - much too hot for them.

Here near the North Wales coast my best plants are in reliably moist well drained slightly acid soil in very light
dappled shade for the hottest part of the day under high Oak canopy - I have to avoid places where the Oak leaves
pile up in the winter.

Rod

Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 PM

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:26:12 +0100, "Rod"
wrote:

~I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back in May. I might have lost some emails so
~just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address) and Jane. Anybody else before I start
~packing the seeds?
~
~Rod
~
~
Rod, many many thanks for my little parcel :-)

I shall have fun this weekend sowing them...

jane

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 04-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Rod

wrote in message ...
Rod, many many thanks for my little parcel :-)

I shall have fun this weekend sowing them...

Hope they do well for you Jane.
Still got a couple of packets left if anybody else wants to try them.

Rod

Old 04-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod
wrote in message ...
Rod, many many thanks for my little parcel :-)

I shall have fun this weekend sowing them...

Hope they do well for you Jane.
Still got a couple of packets left if anybody else wants to try them.

Rod
Hey Rod, i would like to try some. Do you have any left and can i send an SAE?
Old 08-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally posted by dommy
Hey Rod, i would like to try some. Do you have any left and can i send an SAE?
thx for your message rod, i have sent off my SAE.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Registered User

Location: Chassell, Mi

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod
I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back in May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address) and Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

Rod
If you have any seeds left, I would
appreciate them.
Contact me through e-mail
Sandra Engel

Old 10-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Franz Heymann

"Sandra Engel" wrote in message
s.com...
Rod wrote:
*I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them
back in May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your
address) and Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

If you have any seeds left, I would
appreciate them.
Contact me through e-mail

A note from one of the earlier beneficiaries of Rod's generosity:
I bet he is sorry that he did not set up shop. {:-))

Franz

Old 10-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Registered User

Location: London

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod
I'm about to send out Meconopsis seeds to those who asked for them back in May. I might have lost some emails so
just to confirm, I have Angela, Iris, Chris Rowe (I need your address) and Jane. Anybody else before I start
packing the seeds?

Rod

Just recieved my seeds today. Many thanks Rod, greatly appreciated. Also thanks for the primula's . Will sow them this weekend. Cheers
Old 11-09-2003, 02:51 AM
Dwayne

I received my pack of seeds. Thank you very much. Would you be interested
in receiving seeds in return to try?

Dwayne

Old 14-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Rod

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
A note from one of the earlier beneficiaries of Rod's generosity:
I bet he is sorry that he did not set up shop. {:-))

Franz

Not really - it works both ways, my garden has benefited from other
URGler's generosity in the past.

Rod

Old 14-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Ophelia

"Rod" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
A note from one of the earlier beneficiaries of Rod's generosity:
I bet he is sorry that he did not set up shop. {:-))

Franz

Not really - it works both ways, my garden has benefited from other
URGler's generosity in the past.

Rod.. mine have arrived and I am thrilled to bit) Thank you!!!

Ophelia