Old 02-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Simon Johanson

Default Pruning Elderflower tree/Bush?

Hiya
Just would like to know if there are any tips for pruning back the above mentioned tree as I am totally NON green fingered and don't wish to accidently kill it.....so does it have to be done a particular time and in any particular way?

TIA Simon

---

Old 02-09-2003, 07:44 PM
sheque

"Simon Johanson" wrote in message ...
Hiya
Just would like to know if there are any tips for pruning back the above mentioned tree as I am totally NON green fingered and don't wish to accidently kill it.....so does it have to be done a particular time and in any particular way?

TIA Simon

I've hacked back (sometimes pruned) many elderberries and have yet to find a way that will kill these bushes!!! they just keep coming back for more with many more stems!
Mind you one will get some roundup this year as it will have to go!
The Q

Old 02-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Michael Berridge

Simon Johanson wrote in message ...
Hiya
Just would like to know if there are any tips for pruning back
the above mentioned tree as I am totally NON green fingered and don't
wish to accidently kill it.....so does it have to be done a particular
time and in any particular way?

You will have great difficulty in causing any harm. Cut it back as much
as you want, doesn't even seem to mind when in the year you do it. I've
cut them down to about 6" from 6', and they still grow back. They are
very tolerant of pruning.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

---

Old 03-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Simon Johanson" contains these words:

Hiya
Just would like to know if there are any tips for pruning back
the above mentioned tree as I am totally NON green fingered and
don't wish to accidently kill it.....so does it have to be done
a particular time and in any particular way?

Please don't post in HTML

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to
Old 03-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

"Simon Johanson" wrote in message

Just would like to know if there are any tips for pruning back the

above mentioned tree as I am
totally NON green fingered and don't wish to accidently kill it.....so

does it have to be done a
particular time and in any particular way?

Please use plain-text. HTML messes up the attribution system completely.

Franz