Old 03-09-2003, 03:42 PM
mark tognella

Default Stiga Ride on Mower

Hi all. I was considering buying my first ‘ride on mower' with a
limited budget to do so. The Stiga range seems to be good value for
money. I am only mowing a ‘largish' residential ‘corner block' which
has very wide ‘grassed footpaths.' I am considering buying the Stiga
Garden Compact, mainly because it is well priced. Does anybody have
any experience with this Stiga model that they could share with me
please.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:04 PM
david

I've just traded in my 16 hp (102 cm wide) STIGA for a Kubota tractor, but
not because I was really unhappy with the little yellow fellow. I have a lot
of slopes and needed 4 wd and something more powerful.
I had two serious problems with the STIGA, both of which were sorted fine by
the agent. I formed the view it was pretty robust, it cut the grass well,
but there were small design faults (like the plastic cover under the
"bonnet" which covers up the electronics and which fell off; the petrol cap
was lost; the fuel filter is rather crude) The most serious problem was that
the alternator lost its lead internally (must have been a factory fault).
All in all I was reasonably happy with what I saw as a slightly crude
machine.
David
finistere

"mark tognella" wrote in message
om...
Hi all. I was considering buying my first ‘ride on mower' with a
limited budget to do so. The Stiga range seems to be good value for
money. I am only mowing a ‘largish' residential ‘corner block' which
has very wide ‘grassed footpaths.' I am considering buying the Stiga
Garden Compact, mainly because it is well priced. Does anybody have
any experience with this Stiga model that they could share with me
please.

stiga lawn mower cutting head belts GordonDonaldson United Kingdom 0 21-05-2011 03:14 PM
Ride on - lawn mower P&J United Kingdom 19 18-09-2003 08:29 PM
ride on mower rob Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Ride on mower rob Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
ride on mower rob Lawns 1 01-01-2003 03:32 AM