Old 18-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Glenda

Default Frogs

We haven't got a pond but a frog seems to have set up residence in
some pots in a shaded area with busy lizzies and ivies in them. It's
been there for a few months and we've given it a tub of water with a
rock in - which seems to keep it happy. How can we best provide for
its hibernation?

Old 18-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Emrys Davies

'Glenda',

I was going to copy some urls for you but, because there are such a lot,
I think it best if you go to www.google.com and do a search using:
frog hibernation and you will find a lot of interesting information
on the subject.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 18-09-2003, 11:48 PM
Charles Thorpe

Glenda wrote:

We haven't got a pond but a frog sefrightenede set up residence in
some pots in a shaded area with busy lizzies and ivies in them

Hehe - I've got 2 living among some pots. One of them frightened the life
out of me the other day and had him(her?)self a lucky escape when it got
hoovered up in the lawn mower. Wasn't harmed a bit, but it gave me a big
surprise when I lifted the lid of the grass box and out it hopped!
--
Regards, Charles

cthorp at globalnet dot co dot uk
"I really cannot tolerate intolerance"

Old 21-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Lee and Kath

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:21:23 +0100, Charles Thorpe wrote:

Glenda wrote:

We haven't got a pond but a frog sefrightenede set up residence in
some pots in a shaded area with busy lizzies and ivies in them

Hehe - I've got 2 living among some pots. One of them frightened the life
out of me the other day and had him(her?)self a lucky escape when it got
hoovered up in the lawn mower. Wasn't harmed a bit, but it gave me a big
surprise when I lifted the lid of the grass box and out it hopped!

Some of 'our' frogs hibernate in the compost heap so we have to be really careful if we turn it.
They sleep near the bottom where it is more soil-like.
Kath

frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 2 01-09-2004 07:06 PM
frogs frogs everywhere Gail Futoran Ponds 0 31-08-2004 10:24 PM
FROGS - Bull Frogs, Leopard Frogs, Spring Peepers (Was BullFrogs) Heather Ponds 1 03-06-2003 06:20 PM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM