Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-09-2003, 07:02 PM
DLee

Default garden tools & builders rubble

Hi All

I have lost 2 garden tools this weekends - one was an edger. As I put it
hard into the edge of the front lawn, the blade has snapped horizontally. I
think it hit the concrete of the builders - yes we live in a newly built
house, and under the lawn they put down, it is concrete and rubbles.
Wondered how the grass managed to stay green.

So I went into theback garden, and tried to do some hoeing, and again, it
hit rubbles in the soil, and the blade snapped off where it was joined to
the handle. I was in utter disappoitment and frustration. Both tools were
Yeoman make - price was great, but I mean is this due to inferior quality
tools, or is it due to concrete and rubbles covered with top soils left by
the builders.

If it is poor quality tools, which makes reliable toos which last years?
Or is it just the way it is with the gardens of new housing these days, and
it would have happened with any other make of tools?

cheers

Dan

floral tools,floral garden tools,floral hand tools supplier in china [email protected] Australia 0 17-09-2007 01:38 PM
Clarington Forge garden tools from Bulldog Tools, UK Robert Larson Gardening 0 31-03-2007 05:32 PM
Weeds and Rubble Capone United Kingdom 2 23-09-2005 09:35 PM
Sandstone rubble for raised native beds. Nick Cook Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM