Old 27-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Pen Phill

Default Acorns!

Hi
Thousands and thousands and thousands of them! Going out means wearing a hard
hat. I am sweeping up the drive everyday and getting several bucketloads. Can
you do anything with them? Will they compost? Ersazt coffee?
Please don't say "Plant an oak tree!"

Phil
Old 28-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Graham Dixon

A chap I know uses them to make screens to hang over a door opening.
Basically he uses a piece of dowel (Brush handle) and hangs strings of
acorns (sometimes alternated with chestnuts) at inch and a half (approx)
intervals from the dowel. He then sccrews a coule of hooks into the top of
the door casing to support the weight of the dowel and it's strings of nuts.
They look quite nice (see bloody awful attempt at diagramatic representation
below)

Regards

Graham

________________
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Old 28-09-2003, 11:13 AM
JennyC

"Pen Phill" wrote in message
Hi
Thousands and thousands and thousands of them! Going out means

wearing a hard
hat. I am sweeping up the drive everyday and getting several

bucketloads. Can
you do anything with them? Will they compost? Ersazt coffee?
Please don't say "Plant an oak tree!"

Phil

I was wondering whether there are animals in a local zoo / wildlife
park that might regard them as a delicacy ?
Perhaps you could inquire ?

I say this because I saw a girl collecting chestnuts recently from the
paths in the zoo to feed to the wild pigs :~))
Jenny

Old 28-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Peter Crosland

Does anyone locally keep wild boar? If so they love them.

Old 28-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Zipadee Doodar

[...]

This translates as a rather rude binary message. My WinXP blushed when it
read it.

ZD

Old 28-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "Zipadee Doodar" contains these words:

This translates as a rather rude binary message. My WinXP blushed when it
read it.

Things are looking up: a version of Windoze which can read........

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 28-09-2003, 09:03 PM
shazzbat

"Pen Phill" wrote in message
Hi
Thousands and thousands and thousands of them! Going out means wearing a

hard
hat. I am sweeping up the drive everyday and getting several bucketloads.

Can
you do anything with them? Will they compost? Ersazt coffee?
Please don't say "Plant an oak tree!"

Phil

Sell pannage rights?