Old 28-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Janice

Default Whitefly

Some plants in my greenhouse have whitefly, as do some of my outside garden
plants. Do the whitefly need getting rid of (insecticidal soap) or will it
they simply die off naturally with the coming colder weather?

Thanks.

Old 28-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Robert

: Some plants in my greenhouse have whitefly, as do some of my outside
: garden plants. Do the whitefly need getting rid of (insecticidal
: soap) or will it they simply die off naturally with the coming colder
: weather?
:
: Thanks.

I think there is a biological predator for whitefly where you release it in
the greenhouse and it does the business. I'm sure someone will know for sure

Old 28-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Sad Sid

"Janice" wrote in message
Some plants in my greenhouse have whitefly, as do some of my outside

garden
plants. Do the whitefly need getting rid of (insecticidal soap) or will

it
they simply die off naturally with the coming colder weather?

Thanks.

Don't know how you feel about sprays - our melon plants were badly infested.
We used a systemic spray in May. It only affects insects that attack the
plant - harmless to bees, hoverflies etc.
We have had zero whitefly since.

Old 29-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Robert

: Some plants in my greenhouse have whitefly, as do some of my outside
: garden plants. Do the whitefly need getting rid of (insecticidal
: soap) or will it they simply die off naturally with the coming colder
: weather?
:
: Thanks.

Found it, I knew I had seen it on TV