Old 13-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Mary Fisher

Default The Summer of doom

Nope, was`nt a grass that i`d ever seen. More like a dense carpet of
succulants. Very strange. I`ll always remember lying on it in the
morning, a rib eye steak on the barbie, stubby of 4x heavy and talking
to my fiance on my mobile whilst looking out over Hervey Bay to Fraser
Island.

Chances are I`ll never go again.

I wouldn't, not from your description anyway ...

Mary

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use

Old 13-10-2003, 10:12 PM
martin

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:11:47 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Nope, was`nt a grass that i`d ever seen. More like a dense carpet of
succulants. Very strange. I`ll always remember lying on it in the
morning, a rib eye steak on the barbie, stubby of 4x heavy and talking
to my fiance on my mobile whilst looking out over Hervey Bay to Fraser
Island.

Chances are I`ll never go again.

I wouldn't, not from your description anyway ...

.... LOL, I can't recollect having any of that for breakfast in Oz.
Did I miss something?
--
Martin
Old 15-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from martin contains these words:

wrote:

Nope, was`nt a grass that i`d ever seen. More like a dense carpet of
succulants. Very strange. I`ll always remember lying on it in the
morning, a rib eye steak on the barbie, stubby of 4x heavy and talking
to my fiance on my mobile whilst looking out over Hervey Bay to Fraser
Island.

Chances are I`ll never go again.

I wouldn't, not from your description anyway ...

... LOL, I can't recollect having any of that for breakfast in Oz.
Did I miss something?
--
Martin

You met the wrong kind of Aussie. G

How about a man who insisted that the only way to start the day was with
a Rib Eye steak and a Stubby. They were a couple who used to be Beef
farmers from one of the big farms (remember I said big in Aussie
terms!). He`s as strong as an ox and she could probably pick a good size
cow up hereself. But what a host and hostess!!!! Never eat so much steak
in all my life. In his garage was a 40ft boat that would only go out
when the water was absolutly perfect.

The view was fantastic. My sister did a tandam paraschute jump over the
area. Sky was so clear you could see her come out of the plane at 10,000
ft.

Many memories. Shame my now wife was`nt there.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use