Old 09-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Mary Fisher

Default The Summer of doom

"bnd777" wrote in message

"Ric" wrote in message

"hedgehog" wrote in message

I live in the south of France now, but I still look back on my little

back
garden in London with great nostalgia. I think it amazing how all those
things manage to survive and thrive in such a polluted and dirty place

as
London!

So would you recomend the South of France
can we all make an exodus of the UK

When the recent horrid events (Dr Kelly) happened I didn't want to be part
of it so looked at the web site for New Zealand.

For someone our age you have to have millions of pounds.

We'll have to make the best of it here, we wouldn't want to go to a European
(i.e. foreign) country. Apart from politics it really is wonderful here.

Mary

Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

When the recent horrid events (Dr Kelly) happened I didn't want to be part
of it so looked at the web site for New Zealand.

For someone our age you have to have millions of pounds.

We'll have to make the best of it here, we wouldn't want to go to a European
(i.e. foreign) country. Apart from politics it really is wonderful here.

AFAIK both NZ and Australia award concessionary immigration permits
for the aged parents of younger immigrant workers. So all you have to do
is send ahead a selection of your offspring to take root. You might
consider Australia; great climate, gardening and lifestyle.

Janet.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Mary Fisher

AFAIK both NZ and Australia award concessionary immigration permits
for the aged parents of younger immigrant workers. So all you have to do
is send ahead a selection of your offspring to take root.

LOL!

They're all very settled here and wouldn't move.

.. You might
consider Australia; great climate, gardening and lifestyle.

I think we'd prefer NZ. Apouse applied for a job there in 1970 or 1971, we
did a lot of research and were very disappointed when he didn't get it.

It would be a huge wrench to move even outside Yorkshire now! It has
everything we want. We've resolved to ignore politics.

Mary

Janet.

Old 10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
martin

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:27:09 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

When the recent horrid events (Dr Kelly) happened I didn't want to be part
of it so looked at the web site for New Zealand.

For someone our age you have to have millions of pounds.

We'll have to make the best of it here, we wouldn't want to go to a European
(i.e. foreign) country. Apart from politics it really is wonderful here.

AFAIK both NZ and Australia award concessionary immigration permits
for the aged parents of younger immigrant workers. So all you have to do
is send ahead a selection of your offspring to take root. You might
consider Australia; great climate, gardening and lifestyle.

and if you have sent your 90 year old dad ahead, then what?
--
Martin
Old 10-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article , JennyC
writes

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these

words:

Don't worry about a few setbacks, all gardening is full of

them, and
has taught me to be the patient calm and equable person I am

Oh, don't spoil my image of you ... I rely on you to keep me from

being
unique ...

Wumpus! Where are you when we need a demo?
Rusty Hinge

Wumpus doesn't 'do' URG (at least I don't think she does....)

She lurks when she's in a good mood. Which isn't often ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 11-10-2003, 04:22 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

AFAIK both NZ and Australia award concessionary immigration permits
for the aged parents of younger immigrant workers. So all you have to do
is send ahead a selection of your offspring to take root. You might
consider Australia; great climate, gardening and lifestyle.

belch

Yeah. And the culture is sickond to none. Ask Sir Les Patterson, he'll
tell you.

Tinny, inyone?

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 11-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

AFAIK both NZ and Australia award concessionary immigration permits
for the aged parents of younger immigrant workers. So all you have to do
is send ahead a selection of your offspring to take root. You might
consider Australia; great climate, gardening and lifestyle.

belch

Yeah. And the culture is sickond to none. Ask Sir Les Patterson, he'll
tell you.

Tinny, inyone?

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

My cousin thought it most bizarre that we could grow stuff in his winter
time! Mind you if you see fields of Pineapples just growing instead of
cabbage it makes a bit of an impression. Did to me anyway.

I did meet a man whose passion for life was his lawn. However, it`s a
lawn but not as we know it due to the lack of moisture. Very strange but
absolutly perfect. Like a rubber carpet you bounced on it when walking
and was about 2 inches thick before you hit the soil.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use
Old 11-10-2003, 09:22 AM
martin

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:36:47 +0100, Christopher Norton
wrote:

[...]

but not made of grass?
--
Martin
Old 11-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

AFAIK both NZ and Australia award concessionary immigration permits
for the aged parents of younger immigrant workers. So all you have to do
is send ahead a selection of your offspring to take root. You might
consider Australia; great climate, gardening and lifestyle.

belch

Yeah. And the culture is sickond to none. Ask Sir Les Patterson, he'll
tell you.

Tinny, inyone?

Spoken through your bowler hat, old boy?

Janet.
Old 13-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from martin contains these words:

wrote:

[...]

Nope, was`nt a grass that i`d ever seen. More like a dense carpet of
succulants. Very strange. I`ll always remember lying on it in the
morning, a rib eye steak on the barbie, stubby of 4x heavy and talking
to my fiance on my mobile whilst looking out over Hervey Bay to Fraser
Island.

Chances are I`ll never go again.

--
email farmer chris on