Old 09-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Graham Dixon

Default Composting With Worms

I found an excellent website that give clear step-bystep instructions on how
to do this.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/salo/rivers/index.html

It's Australian but the principals are the same.

Any comments

--
Graham Dixon
Drop the bomb to reply

Old 09-10-2003, 11:32 AM

wrote in message ...
I found an excellent website that give clear step-bystep instructions on

how
to do this.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/salo/rivers/index.html

It's Australian but the principals are the same.

Any comments

--
Graham Dixon
Drop the bomb to reply

My daughter has a worm composting set up. It seems to be pretty effective

although first cost is high.
A main advantage to my mind is that it deals effectively with cooked and
kitchen waste which attracts rats when added to a typical outside garden
compost heap.
David T

Old 09-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from contains these words:

My daughter has a worm composting set up. It seems to be pretty effective

although first cost is high.

Not if you make one yourself. I made one in a 45 gall plastic barrel
(free) with a salvaged tap for drawing off the liquid manure, and an
internal baffle made from a plastic bread tray (beach find) and a nylon
sack as filter. Total cost was 50p (tiny tea-strainer sieve which covers
the ventilation hole).

Janet.