Old 10-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Steve Harris

Default Manure rotting quantity question

I have a 1 meter cube (1000L) concrete coal bunker. I am thinking of
filling it with fresh manure and letting it rot. How long will it take
to become "well rotted" and what volume will be left? Will it all work
rather better if I mix in the half rotted garden/kitchen compost of my
220L dalek?

[500L of ready composted horse manure in neat sacks is available from my
local "Blooms" for 20 quid! Would this be better/simpler?]

Old 10-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Robert

:
: [500L of ready composted horse manure in neat sacks is available from
: my local "Blooms" for 20 quid! Would this be better/simpler?]
:
: Steve Harris - Cheltenham - Real address steve AT netservs DOT com

It will rot perfectly well on it's own and will reduce considerably. It will
be rotted well enough by the end of the winter if you cover it well. 500l
for 20 pounds, depends if you're prepared to spend that when you can get a
decent amount for free