Old 23-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Alan Gabriel

Default Sweet peppers (Ramiro)

I sowed a packet of Ramiro sweet peppers, at the end of March, in the
propagator. They were planted in the (unheated) greenhouse border in May.

They took an age to make any growth and finally started flowering at the end
of July but they kept dropping the embryo peppers.

Eventually they started to produce peppers at the begining of September.

These peppers are now about 8" long but show no sign of turning red.

Will these peppers ripen if I take them off and bring them indoors before
the frost gets them?

--
Regards,
Alan.

Preserve wildlife - Pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

Old 23-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from "Alan Gabriel" contains
these words:

I sowed a packet of Ramiro sweet peppers, at the end of March, in the
propagator. They were planted in the (unheated) greenhouse border in May.

They took an age to make any growth and finally started flowering at the end
of July but they kept dropping the embryo peppers.

Eventually they started to produce peppers at the begining of September.

These peppers are now about 8" long but show no sign of turning red.

Will these peppers ripen if I take them off and bring them indoors before
the frost gets them?

--
Regards,
Alan.

Preserve wildlife - Pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

How about green peppers? I prefer em like that.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use