Old 23-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Mr Lawes

Default Wallflowers - what do I do with them?

I just bought a bunch of wallflowers, for a quid, from a street
market.

Being my first ever wallflowers - what do I do with them until I can
get them in the ground at the weekend?

Put them in the shed, or will they be OK indoors with the dry central
heating?

Should they be plunged into a bucket of water?

And when I do get them in the ground, do they prefer sunny or shady
places, dry or wet?

Thanks in advance everyone....cheers.

Old 23-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Ophelia

"Mr Lawes" wrote in message
I just bought a bunch of wallflowers, for a quid, from a street
market.

Being my first ever wallflowers - what do I do with them until I can
get them in the ground at the weekend?

Put them in the shed, or will they be OK indoors with the dry central
heating?

Should they be plunged into a bucket of water?

And when I do get them in the ground, do they prefer sunny or shady
places, dry or wet?

My Uncle who grew them for over 60 years used to give me mine wrapped in wet
newpaper

Ophelia

Old 23-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Jim W

Mr Lawes wrote:

I just bought a bunch of wallflowers, for a quid, from a street
market.

Being my first ever wallflowers - what do I do with them until I can
get them in the ground at the weekend?

Put them in the shed, or will they be OK indoors with the dry central
heating?

Should they be plunged into a bucket of water?

And when I do get them in the ground, do they prefer sunny or shady
places, dry or wet?

Wet newspaper or damp sacking round the roots in a cool place will do.
Or just place roots loosely in some damp compost/sand etc. DO NOT put
them in water.. smells horrible!
//
Jim

Can't find any Wallflowers in London area !! Rob Lloyd United Kingdom 2 15-11-2004 11:26 PM
Autum.Wintrer Wallflowers trevor.appleton United Kingdom 5 11-09-2003 05:22 PM
Wallflowers Scully United Kingdom 3 01-06-2003 02:08 AM
splitting up wallflowers? Keith \(Portland\) United Kingdom 1 10-03-2003 09:33 PM
Where can I buy Wallflowers now ?? groundhog United Kingdom 3 30-12-2002 10:42 AM