Old 12-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Gea Jones

Default North Devon , Crocus?

A friend of mine has just told me that her crocus' have just started
flowering,????
Very odd for this time of year ,
Gea

--
http://community.webtv.net/AveAveAlt...ROSYHEALINGFOR
©

Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Gea Jones
writes
A friend of mine has just told me that her crocus' have just started
flowering,????
Very odd for this time of year ,

Autumn flowering crocus?

Though mine have just finished.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 12-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:38:47 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

Autumn flowering crocus?

Last week I rescued a couple of packets of crocus speciosus (autumn
flowering) from a garden centre (50p a bag). They had flowered in
their perforated polythene bag and the shoots had pushed their way
through the holes! I had a job disentangling the shoots and the
papery, dried-up flowers. I have planted them and will see what
happens. The bulbs seemed firm so I have hopes.

Pam in Bristol
Old 12-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Gea Jones

No they are a spring flowering crocus,
Gea

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Gea Jones
writes

Old 13-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Alastair

"Gea Jones" wrote in message ...
A friend of mine has just told me that her crocus' have just started
flowering,????
Very odd for this time of year ,
Gea

I planted up two pots with daffs, tulips and crocus after seeing it on
Gardeners World.
Just spotted this morning that there are shoots peeking out of the top
of the compost.
A little early I would have thought.....
Maybe they are autumn crocus though..

Alastair

Old 13-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Mark Warren

"Alastair" wrote in message
om...
"Gea Jones" wrote in message

A friend of mine has just told me that her crocus' have just started
flowering,????
Very odd for this time of year ,
Gea

I planted up two pots with daffs, tulips and crocus after seeing it on
Gardeners World.
Just spotted this morning that there are shoots peeking out of the top
of the compost.
A little early I would have thought.....

I have put daffs, tulips and crocus in this year and they too are showing
shoots. I am in the North East of Scotland. It's been quite a strange year
in the garden.

Mark