Old 23-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Graham Dixon

Default Worm Composting System on a budget

I wanted to buy one of the commercial worm composting systems but found the
price 'prohibitive' (notice I didn't say 'Rip-off')

I gave it some thought and came up with thIt cost thirteen quid to make.

http://www.troubleatmill.com/wormbin.htm

Graham Dixon

Old 23-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Jim W

"Graham Dixon" drop the bomb to reply
wrote:

I wanted to buy one of the commercial worm composting systems but found the
price 'prohibitive' (notice I didn't say 'Rip-off')

I gave it some thought and came up with thIt cost thirteen quid to make.

http://www.troubleatmill.com/wormbin.htm

Graham Dixon

I like this, I'm guessing that its *working* effectvley for you with the
worms being in layers like that..??

A variation/improvment on the 'black dustbin' version that has been
kicking around for ever??!-) (and is about the same cost to produce)

We were lucky enough to pick up one of the 'Wigglers' wheelie style bins
off a skip of all places!

Cheers

Jim
Old 23-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Graham Dixon" drop the bomb to
reply contains these words:

I wanted to buy one of the commercial worm composting systems but found the
price 'prohibitive' (notice I didn't say 'Rip-off')

I gave it some thought and came up with thIt cost thirteen quid to make.

http://www.troubleatmill.com/wormbin.htm

Spendthrift; my version cost 99p :-)

Janet.

Old 23-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Natalie

wrote in message ...
I wanted to buy one of the commercial worm composting systems but found

the
price 'prohibitive' (notice I didn't say 'Rip-off')

I gave it some thought and came up with thIt cost thirteen quid to make.

http://www.troubleatmill.com/wormbin.htm

Graham Dixon

Looks brilliant Graham.

I'd try it if I hadn't found a 'can o worms' abandoned just around the
corner from me and Jim W ;-)

Natalie

Do Earth worm castings contain worm egg Wylie Wilde Gardening 8 08-03-2011 08:21 PM
Do Worm castings contain worm eggs? Wylie Wilde Australia 11 08-03-2011 08:20 PM
Worm composting recommendations (books/suppliers) simon Gardening 3 08-04-2004 10:02 PM
Worm composting Hinzy Gardening 2 17-09-2003 12:42 AM
Worm Composting Graham Dixon United Kingdom 0 29-08-2003 06:22 PM