Old 10-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Pinetree

Default O/T Precious Bane - hooray!

Many thanks guys, I knew someone here would come up with the title; it was
driving me nuts. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't carry it at the mo, so I'll
just have to keep on looking. (Sorry about the old reply addy, new one
attached)....Kath

Old 10-12-2003, 04:08 PM
martin

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:50:17 GMT, "Pinetree"
wrote:

Many thanks guys, I knew someone here would come up with the title; it was
driving me nuts. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't carry it at the mo, so I'll
just have to keep on looking. (Sorry about the old reply addy, new one
attached)....Kath

There are lots and lots of second hand copies available from
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookSearch
--
Martin
Old 10-12-2003, 04:08 PM
martin

wrote:

Many thanks guys, I knew someone here would come up with the title; it was
driving me nuts. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't carry it at the mo, so I'll
just have to keep on looking. (Sorry about the old reply addy, new one
attached)....Kath

There are lots and lots of second hand copies available from
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookSearch

Whoops! Sent prematurely.

Those on sale in UK listed below. It's odd that they all cost UKP2.50

25. WEBB, MARY. ILLUSTRATED BY ROWLAND HILDER
PRECIOUS BANE
London: Jonathan Cape, 1932. reprint Edition. 8vo - over 7¾" -
9¾" tall. Very Good apart from fading to cloth. Hardback. 320 pages.
Pru Sarn, cursed with a hare lip, loves the remote countryside of her
birth and, hopelessly, Kester Woodseaves, the weaver. How Kester
finally discerns Pru's true beauty is set against the tragic drama of
her ambitious brother Gideon. ISBN:0224607545 Bookseller Inventory
#000807
Price: US$ 4.48 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: RV Books, England, -, United Kingdom (Search this
Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)

27. Mary Webb
Precious Bane
Jonathan Cape 1949 Good/No Wrapper Hard Cover. -. Bookseller
Inventory #163296
Price: US$ 4.50 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: MUNNBOOKS, S****horpe, UK, United Kingdom (Search
this Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)

28. Webb, Mary
Precious Bane
London: Virago Press Limited, 1985. Soft Cover. Very Good/No
Dustjacket. Reprint. A little rubbing on the cover edges, an owner's
inscription on the front endpaper and slightly browned page edges o/w
a very clean and tight 8vo Virago Modern Classic paperback.
ISBN:0860680630 Bookseller Inventory #011481
Price: US$ 4.50 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: Recycling Books, Gloucestershire, UK, United
Kingdom (Search this Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)

29. Webb, Mary.
Precious Bane,
Virago, repr. 1981. P/back, 128 x 198mm, pp. 288. VG.
ISBN:0860680630 Bookseller Inventory #18743
Price: US$ 4.50 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: Aviabooks, Cirencester, GLS, United Kingdom
(Search this Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)

30. Webb, Mary
Precious Bane :
London: Cape: 1930 : 8vo: 324pp:VG/-. Bookseller Inventory
Price: US$ 4.50 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: Don Weekes, Cheltenham, GLO, United Kingdom

Old 10-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Pinetree

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:54:25 +0100, martin wrote:
There are lots and lots of second hand copies available from
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookSearch ........

Thanks Martin for the info, but I am presently living across the pond so
will have to try out here first.....Kath

Old 10-12-2003, 04:35 PM
martin

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:14:32 GMT, "Pinetree"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:54:25 +0100, martin wrote:
There are lots and lots of second hand copies available from
http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookSearch ........

Thanks Martin for the info, but I am presently living across the pond so
will have to try out here first.....Kath

Duh! There are dozens for sale on your side, I snipped them. Go to the
same site.
--
Martin

Old 10-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Pinetree

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:14:32 GMT

Duh! There are dozens for sale on your side, I snipped them. Go to the
same site.
Martin

My local library is doing a search for me ...tks Kath

Pesky birds and my precious cherries! [email protected] United Kingdom 3 24-06-2007 02:56 PM
dish soap as insect bane? s Texas 7 01-04-2005 02:49 AM
[IBC] Hooray! Jim Lewis Bonsai 12 06-02-2004 07:12 PM
[IBC] Hooray! Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 03-02-2004 08:44 PM
HEY!! Hip, hip hooray!! pixi Ponds 11 29-09-2003 04:32 AM