Old 14-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Lee and Kath

Default Anemone blanda

I have some corms of these. Do they need soaking or do they go straight into the ground? They look
very dormant.

Kath
Old 14-12-2003, 01:03 PM
JennyC

"Lee and Kath" wrote in message
I have some corms of these. Do they need soaking or do they go straight into

the ground? They look
very dormant.

Kath

Best to soak for at least 24 hours in tepid water,,,,,,,,,but I never seem to
have much luck with them :~(
Jenny

Old 14-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

"Lee and Kath" wrote in message
I have some corms of these. Do they need soaking or do they go
straight into

the ground? They look
very dormant.

Kath

Best to soak for at least 24 hours in tepid water,,,,,,,,,but I never
seem to
have much luck with them :~(
Jenny

Anemone blanda is usualy offered for sale in the autumn, so there is a
risk that corms on offer now have been out of the ground for a long time
and are therefore rather *too* dormant.
I would certainly soak them. If they don't take, it might be an idea to
try in about September another time. They bulk up nicely once they get
going.

Janet G

Old 14-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Michael Berridge

JennyC wrote in message ...

"Lee and Kath" wrote in message
.. .
I have some corms of these. Do they need soaking or do they go

straight into
the ground? They look
very dormant.

Kath

Best to soak for at least 24 hours in tepid water,,,,,,,,,but I never

seem to
have much luck with them :~(
Jenny

I planted mine dry in pots to give early colour before the bulbs and
lilies flowered, they have spread like wildfire and now carpet the pots.
They seem to self seed well.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 15-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Charlie Pridham

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Lee and Kath" wrote in message
I have some corms of these. Do they need soaking or do they go straight

into
the ground? They look
very dormant.

Kath

Best to soak for at least 24 hours in tepid water,,,,,,,,,but I never seem

have much luck with them :~(
Jenny

I would plant them in pots, keep just moist under a greenhouse bench untill
showing then plant out the pot fulls in the spring. The reason you have
problems is they should be well rooted by the time they sell them so if you
put them straight out they rot. The white form White splendour is bigger and
easier.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 15-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Bert

I just stick ,em in the ground and they do well!

Old 21-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Lee and Kath

Thank you for all your replies.
I think I will do both...plant some in pots and soak the others to plant direct.

Kath

Aenenome Blanda damage fredbt About GardenBanter 1 23-09-2010 05:42 PM
Japanese Anemone Janice United Kingdom 0 03-10-2003 12:03 AM
Success with anemone blanda? (Grecian windflower) John Kohl North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:34 PM
Anemone blanda showing? Hussein M. United Kingdom 8 16-04-2003 01:20 AM
anemone coronaria papa United Kingdom 1 06-12-2002 08:03 PM