Old 15-12-2003, 11:36 PM
FF

Default Christmas present question

.... just when I thought I'd got it all done, I have 2 more pressies to buy.
I was thinking flowers or bulbs (arranged bulbs, not loose!), something a bit special
(but not too complicated!). About £20 - £25 each. Oh, and available online.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Liz
Old 16-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Victoria Clare

FF wrote in
:

... just when I thought I'd got it all done, I have 2 more pressies to
buy. I was thinking flowers or bulbs (arranged bulbs, not loose!),
something a bit special (but not too complicated!). About £20 - £25
each. Oh, and available online.

Any ideas?

Crocus have a nice line in 'a bit different' houseplants and citrus -
http://www.crocus.co.uk/christmas2003/houseplants/

They also sell amaryllis bulbs -
http://www.crocus.co.uk/findplant/re..._Card&ClassID=
2000004528

They aren't the cheapest, but they are reasonably reliable.

Victoria
Old 16-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Sacha
writes
FF15/12/03 11:04

... just when I thought I'd got it all done, I have 2 more pressies to buy.
I was thinking flowers or bulbs (arranged bulbs, not loose!), something a bit
special
(but not too complicated!). About £20 - £25 each. Oh, and available online.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Liz

Amaryllis? Try searching for John Lewis and Marks & Spencer flowers. I
don't *know* that they 'do' bulbs but there's a strong possibility.

Thompson and Morgan are doing christmas present flowers this year.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 16-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:33:13 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

FF15/12/03 11:04

... just when I thought I'd got it all done, I have 2 more pressies to buy.
I was thinking flowers or bulbs (arranged bulbs, not loose!), something a bit
special
(but not too complicated!).

About £20 - £25 each. Oh, and available online.

Regarding Amaryllis; I heard Pippa Greenwood say that often the
amaryllis bulbs sold in packs with pot and compost, are smaller than
those you can buy loose. Maybe make up your own pack, so you can
chose the bulb(s). (but not if you are buying on line!) 3 amaryllis
would make rather a stunning display.

Pam in Bristol

Old 18-12-2003, 10:49 AM
FF

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:49:29 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:33:13 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

FF15/12/03 11:04

... just when I thought I'd got it all done, I have 2 more pressies to buy.
I was thinking flowers or bulbs (arranged bulbs, not loose!), something a bit
special
(but not too complicated!).

About £20 - £25 each. Oh, and available online.

Regarding Amaryllis; I heard Pippa Greenwood say that often the
amaryllis bulbs sold in packs with pot and compost, are smaller than
those you can buy loose. Maybe make up your own pack, so you can
chose the bulb(s). (but not if you are buying on line!) 3 amaryllis
would make rather a stunning display.

Ooh! that's a nice idea. I used to get florists to arrange flowers in a vase I'd
bought. Same sort of idea really.

Pam in Bristol

Liz (ditto)