Old 16-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Gavin Wheeler

Default Welsh Botanic Gardens, this Friday

I just got this through the email from Peter Bernays at the Botanic
Gardens of Wales. The original had a lot of formatting (bold, bullets
etc) which I've tried to reproduce in plain old ASCII:
================================

Celebration of Light and Fire and the lighting of a Beacon of Hope

Admission Free

We particularly need your help at the gardens this Friday, 19th
December at 6 pm for an hour or so to help light up the Great
Glasshouse in a ring of light and fire. This event will be televised
live and is of huge significance for the future of the garden. Please
bring as many family and friends as possible.

Afterwards there will be our annual Carol concert in the Glass House
at 7.00pm. You are invited to stay and join in with the tenor Timothy
Evans and the choir Cantorion y Rhyd.

Why come?

- We need you to join us in a great show of support.
- We want to link up symbolically with other botanic gardens around
the world who want to show solidarity with our plight.
- Be part of a ring of light around the Great Glasshouse.
- Bring your passion and energy to the Garden.
- Help light up the Beacon of Hope.
- See the Fire Beacons representing every continent.
- Hear the messages from gardens around the world.
- Sign the petition to the National Assembly .
- Finally to say "I was there in the hour of need."

The purpose of the Evening?
· To rekindle our passion for the future of the Garden and let
the world know through the media present that so many people care.
· To again draw the attention of the people of Wales to the
imminent loss of their newest national institution.
· To be a focus for Welsh and international hopes for the
Garden.

What do you need to bring?

Battery torches and a candle.
- You will use your torch to light your way up the Broad Walk and to
create the ring of light around the Great Glass House. Bring a spare
if you have one. You will be able to light your candle and add it to
the Beacon of Hope. It will be your personal stake in linking with
other supporters of the Garden and with well-wishers from other
Gardens around the world.

Warm clothes and a smile.

Welsh gardens Dave Hill United Kingdom 2 01-07-2011 11:05 AM
Welsh Poppy S_edge swordedge[_3_] Garden Photos 0 01-05-2009 12:47 PM
FA Welsh Ferns vintage book 1948 [email protected] United Kingdom 0 04-06-2004 02:11 AM
Welsh Ferns vintage book 1948 [email protected] Gardening 0 04-06-2004 02:04 AM
Welsh National Botanic gardens David Hill United Kingdom 11 21-12-2003 12:12 PM