GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sooty growth on holly (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49683-re-sooty-growth-holly.html)

Rod 07-01-2004 10:07 PM

Sooty growth on holly

Anthony Anson wrote:

The message
from fumier contains these words:

Ooops, too much Agent Orange on Sunday nights! I think I used B&Q's
aphid killer. Any serious suggestions, please? "Soot" seems to be
spreading

Try Bordeaux mixture.

That might kill the mould but it won't do anything for the real problem which is
probably scale insects. A systemic insecticide applied to the soil (like
Bio-Provado) might help. It will work better in spring when things are growing
fast.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html

Mike 07-01-2004 10:11 PM

Sooty growth on holly

'Sooty' growth on 'Holly'? Well get 'Harry Corbet' to 'Sweep' her off.

Well someone had to;-{

Happy and Prosperous New Year if I am not toooooo late.

Mike

fumier 07-01-2004 10:12 PM

Sooty growth on holly

Thanks to all contributors. As I said on Sunday, there is some form of
aphid growth on the back of the leaves, small white lavae (2mm) now
dead but "soot" seems to be spreading.

David

--
Don't reply to this virtual address