Old 16-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Andy Hall

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:43:51 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Its called 'Progress and equality in educayshun'

The basic idea is to wreck teh snotty unis and teh grammare schools to
appeas teh Laber Votahs who think that not being stupid is some kind of
clarss privilege.

I can just hear Janet Street Porter saying that,........

Whilst most of the Laber MP's send their kids to private schools (on tax
payers money)a nd went to them themselves, or at least snotty grammar
schools, before going free to univesrity (on taxpayers money).

Its normal 'animal farm' stuff. Everybody is equally miserable, stupid
and badly educated, except for the Party Elite, who simply become teh
new aristocracy, just like in the Soviet Union.

One wouldn't mind, except they are so BAD at it.

... and amazingly seem to believe that they have everybody fooled into
believing it.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Old 16-01-2004, 12:42 AM
The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

"martin" wrote in message

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:38:55 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:

As clear as daylight. The reason for the reduced area of Thermomax is

that

it has twice the efficiency as the flat plate. *Not* that it has

"twice the

efficiency per square foot".

Its because he didn't go t uni. He's very sensitive about it.

Perhaps, he didn't go to school. These aren't concepts taught at
university, they used to be taught to 15 year olds at school in the
nineteen fifties

What concepts would you be on about, oh know-it-all one?

He sort of graps the concept that a square foot of one is better than a
square foot of another, but detailed explanatins of teh correct words to
use just pass hum by.

You are a man of limited intelligence.

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

Old 16-01-2004, 12:46 AM
IMM

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

---

Old 16-01-2004, 12:51 AM
The Natural Philosopher

Franz Heymann wrote:

In particular, all the material which is said to be
difficult to store (spuriously so) can be transmuted into short lived
radioactive materials. ( Stuff which is typically rendered safe within days
or less). The suggestion was originally made a few years ago by a Nobel
prize winning physicist, Carlo Rubbia and has been analysed in great detail
by a group of high energy particle physicists, The process has been shown to
be entirely feasible.

I would be intensely interested in any material on the web that you
could direct my attention to, concerning this.

If it is true, it needs serious evaluation.

What you aretalking about is essentially ';sterilisation' of long lived
isotopes by blasting them in and around a recator into presumably
somewhat 'hotter' but less enduring isotopes, that could be stuck
somewhere for ten years, and then be 'cold' enough to dispose of in more
normal ways?

Old 16-01-2004, 12:57 AM
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:

As clear as daylight. The reason for the reduced area of Thermomax is that
it has twice the efficiency as the flat plate. *Not* that it has "twice the
efficiency per square foot".

Its because he didn't go t uni. He's very sensitive about it.

Perhaps, he didn't go to school. These aren't concepts taught at
university, they used to be taught to 15 year olds at school in the
nineteen fifties

Yes, but today you only get to learn them at snotty unis.

Its called 'Progress and equality in educayshun'

The basic idea is to wreck teh snotty unis and teh grammare schools to
appeas teh Laber Votahs who think that not being stupid is some kind of
clarss privilege.

Whilst most of the Laber MP's send their kids to private schools (on tax
payers money)a nd went to them themselves, or at least snotty grammar
schools, before going free to univesrity (on taxpayers money).

Its normal 'animal farm' stuff. Everybody is equally miserable, stupid
and badly educated, except for the Party Elite, who simply become teh
new aristocracy, just like in the Soviet Union.

One wouldn't mind, except they are so BAD at it.

He sort of graps the concept that a square foot of one is better than a
square foot of another, but detailed explanatins of teh correct words to
use just pass hum by.

He's a humpty dumpty. Words mean what HE wants them to mean.

Old 16-01-2004, 01:41 AM
The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

I try to be..true...to myself.

---

Old 16-01-2004, 01:41 AM
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Its called 'Progress and equality in educayshun'

The basic idea is to wreck teh snotty unis and teh grammare schools to
appeas teh Laber Votahs who think that not being stupid is some kind of
clarss privilege.

I can just hear Janet Street Porter saying that,........

Whilst most of the Laber MP's send their kids to private schools (on tax
payers money)a nd went to them themselves, or at least snotty grammar
schools, before going free to univesrity (on taxpayers money).

Its normal 'animal farm' stuff. Everybody is equally miserable, stupid
and badly educated, except for the Party Elite, who simply become teh
new aristocracy, just like in the Soviet Union.

One wouldn't mind, except they are so BAD at it.

.. and amazingly seem to believe that they have everybody fooled into
believing it.

Look at IMM. They have.

Remember he is more represntative than those of us who (gasp) can use
computers, and do D-I-Y.

Old 16-01-2004, 01:41 AM
IMM

IMM wrote:

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

I try to be..true...to myself.

Are the voices still there?

---

Old 16-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Franz Heymann

"IMM" wrote in message

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

{:-))

Franz

Old 16-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Franz Heymann

Franz Heymann wrote:

In particular, all the material which is said to be
difficult to store (spuriously so) can be transmuted into short lived
radioactive materials. ( Stuff which is typically rendered safe within

days
or less). The suggestion was originally made a few years ago by a Nobel
prize winning physicist, Carlo Rubbia and has been analysed in great

detail
by a group of high energy particle physicists, The process has been

shown to
be entirely feasible.

I would be intensely interested in any material on the web that you
could direct my attention to, concerning this.

I don't know if it is anywhere on the web. It has been written up as
Laboratory Reports, and in the international professional physics journals.
I will hunt to see if I find anything on the net.

If it is true, it needs serious evaluation.

It has been evaluated seriously in the physics community.

What you aretalking about is essentially ';sterilisation' of long lived
isotopes by blasting them in and around a recator into presumably
somewhat 'hotter' but less enduring isotopes, that could be stuck
somewhere for ten years, and then be 'cold' enough to dispose of in more
normal ways?

Very roughly, yes. But I am talking of stashing the stuff for weeks or
months, not decades.

Franz

Old 16-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Martin Brown

In message , Franz Heymann
writes

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
In message , Franz Heymann
writes

tritium around. Tritium is a gas and it has a long half life. It scares
the pants off me.

Tritium isn't all that bad. Its half life of about 12 years is short
compared to millenia for fission waste. Tritium is a beta emitter with
18keV electron decay and there is quite a market in tritiated plastics
for permanent glow in the dark (and still some requirement for H-bomb
initiators). Emergency lighting in some applications is based on it.

I am quite happy about making sensible use of the tritium which one manages
to capture. My worry is the stuff which escapes into the atmosphere.
Remember it is a gas.

It is also very much lighter than air and so as a gas is rapidly off up
into the stratosphere and can escape. You need to worry when it reacts
with oxygen to form tritiated water - then it can get into the food
chain and do real damage.

To put this radioactivity into perspective 18keV electrons are only a
little bit more energetic than the electron beam inside a colour TV
tube.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown
Old 16-01-2004, 07:43 PM
martin

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:49:07 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Franz Heymann wrote:

In particular, all the material which is said to be
difficult to store (spuriously so) can be transmuted into short lived
radioactive materials. ( Stuff which is typically rendered safe within days
or less). The suggestion was originally made a few years ago by a Nobel
prize winning physicist, Carlo Rubbia and has been analysed in great detail
by a group of high energy particle physicists, The process has been shown to
be entirely feasible.

I would be intensely interested in any material on the web that you
could direct my attention to, concerning this.

If it is true, it needs serious evaluation.

It is true. It was confirmed by a friend, who also worked at CERN.

What you aretalking about is essentially ';sterilisation' of long lived
isotopes by blasting them in and around a recator into presumably
somewhat 'hotter' but less enduring isotopes, that could be stuck
somewhere for ten years, and then be 'cold' enough to dispose of in more
normal ways?

Red Dwarf talking or what?
--
Martin