Old 11-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Derek Moody

Default The things people do.

People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody
--
Questo messaggio e' stato inoltrato automaticamente
da un paio di anonymous remailer. Il mittente originale

Old 11-01-2004, 01:44 PM
JennyC

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody

And the gardening connection is..............?
Jenny

Old 11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
JennyC

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:26:58 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
. ..
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody

And the gardening connection is..............?

*pea* brainer? :-)
Martin

Lettuce ignore him :~)
Jenny

Old 11-01-2004, 03:13 PM
martin

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:37:38 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:26:58 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
. ..
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody

And the gardening connection is..............?

*pea* brainer? :-)
Martin

Lettuce ignore him :~)

Bean there got the T shirt :-)
--
Martin
Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
JP

Derek Moody wrote:
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody

Yes Derek
And children have been raped and women beaten and etc etc

The killing of animals for food goes nowhere near the killing of people,
Derek!
The killing of animals for food is part of the circle of life, many many
different animals do it and there are many, many different 'food'
animals. The only difference between the human species and other animal
species is that we farm our food animals making them easier to "hunt".

The only justification for eating animals we need, is that we have
evolved the anatomy to eat an omnivorous diet, not purely a vegetarian
or carnivorous one.

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Mike

"JennyC" wrote in message

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:26:58 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
. ..
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people,

since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody

And the gardening connection is..............?

*pea* brainer? :-)
Martin

Lettuce ignore him :~)
Jenny

'bean' there before haven't we?

Mike

Old 11-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Mind the gap, please, and move along there..there's nothing to see.

Lettuce ignore him :~)

That would be easier if you didn't quote his posts in full, twice.

Janet.

Old 11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
martin

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:14:52 GMT, Janet Baraclough ..
wrote:

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Mind the gap, please, and move along there..there's nothing to see.

Lettuce ignore him :~)

That would be easier if you didn't quote his posts in full, twice.

Who wrote that?
--
Martin
Old 11-01-2004, 06:03 PM
William Lamb

"JennyC" wrote in message

One should avoid gardening because of all the atrocities committed in
gardens in the past.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:12 PM
David Hill

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if this is
a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic,
we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since
this has also been done since the earliest of times. --Isaac Bashevis
Singer (1904- )

Derek Moody

And the gardening connection is..............?

Well the odd body under your new grapevine is even better than a sheep.....

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries