Old 12-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Reader

Default Laying a lawn in January?

I have read various posts on how to lay turf, but none on when to lay it.

I would ideally like to lay some toward the end of the month.
I am in the SE of England.

It's only a small lawn 4mx4m.

Is it just the frost i need to worry about?

Regards.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Tumbleweed

"Reader" wrote in message
om...
I have read various posts on how to lay turf, but none on when to lay it.

I would ideally like to lay some toward the end of the month.
I am in the SE of England.

It's only a small lawn 4mx4m.

Is it just the frost i need to worry about?

Regards.

No, the rain. Wait until March. Otherwise you'll never get the soil firm or
level enough, so afterwards when you walk on it lumps and bumps will
develop.

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)

Old 12-01-2004, 06:58 PM
NWalch

Yes mainly. Dont lay when its frosty and I would give it a miss if the
ground is too wet. Make sure you use a board when you lay the turf at
any time.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 PM
NWalch

Old 12-01-2004, 07:47 PM