GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT how to stop cross posted messages (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/50317-ot-how-stop-cross-posted-messages.html)

Trevor Appleton 18-01-2004 04:06 PM

OT how to stop cross posted messages

I'm no wiser!

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Trevor Appleton" trevor@nospamweatherdot4dinternetdocodotuk
contains these words:

I wouldn't know how to tell they were crossposted?

look at the headers.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Trevor Appleton 18-01-2004 04:07 PM

OT how to stop cross posted messages

Right, but you don't have to double click on a message to read it, you can
read it in the window below the headers, and therefore not notice this ever

"Jay" wrote in message
I hope you don't mind this question here but I would dearly love to
immediately delete the cross posted messages that appear on this

newsgroup.
I use Outlook Express but cannot see how to set up the appropriate rule.

Please can someone help?

Jay

Jaques d'Alltrades 19-01-2004 03:21 AM

OT how to stop cross posted messages

The message
from "Trevor Appleton" trevor@nospamweatherdot4dinternetdocodotuk
contains these words:

I'm no wiser!

Maybe, but you know a bit more.....

(Couldn't resist it, sorry.)

I've never used OE, and hope never to have to, so I can't tell you how
to conjure the header: however, there is a lot of info' in it about
sender, addresses, recipient(s), route taken, program used to write post
etc.

Jay 19-01-2004 12:34 PM

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Jay" wrote in message
I hope you don't mind this question here but I would dearly love to
immediately delete the cross posted messages that appear on this

newsgroup.
I use Outlook Express but cannot see how to set up the appropriate rule.

Please can someone help?

Jay

In Outlook :
- hit 'reply group'
- remove de names of the groups you don't want to reply to in the

'newsgroups'
box at the top of your screen
- leave uk.rec.gardening only :~))

Jenny

Yes that I'm OK with but what I'd like to do is stop these cross-posted
messages ever arriving in the first place.

Jay

Jaques d'Alltrades 19-01-2004 08:11 PM

OT how to stop cross posted messages

The message
from "Jay" contains these words:

/snip/

In Outlook :
- hit 'reply group'
- remove de names of the groups you don't want to reply to in the

'newsgroups'
box at the top of your screen
- leave uk.rec.gardening only :~))

Jenny

Yes that I'm OK with but what I'd like to do is stop these cross-posted
messages ever arriving in the first place.

Well, I could tell you how, but I don't think you can do it in Outlurk,
so it would mean changing ISPs.

martin 19-01-2004 11:25 PM

OT how to stop cross posted messages

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:04:14 -0000, "Jay"
wrote:

Yes that I'm OK with but what I'd like to do is stop these cross-posted
messages ever arriving in the first place.

You can't.
--
Martin

Troy 19-01-2004 11:25 PM

Jay wrote:

Yes that I'm OK with but what I'd like to do is stop these cross-posted
messages ever arriving in the first place.

"Hamster" (used with OE or any newsreader) will do exactly that.

http://www.tglsoft.de/misc/hamster_en.htm

Not easy to set up but well worth it - it can do all sorts :-) I've been
using it for a long time and wouldn't be without it.
--
Regards,

Trøy the Black Lab.

Jaques d'Alltrades 20-01-2004 04:10 AM

OT how to stop cross posted messages

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:

Yes that I'm OK with but what I'd like to do is stop these cross-posted
messages ever arriving in the first place.

You can't.

*YOU* can't. I can.