Old 15-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Mike & Karen

Default buying veg seeds - where from?

I want to buy some veg seeds - where is good (online/mailorder) to get
them from? Thinking of the following varieties....

Beet, leaf Ruby Chard
Beet, root Cheltenham Green top
Broccoli Purple sprouting (early)
Brussels Sprouts ? Late variety
Chili As many as possible
Carrots Purple carrot, existing
Leek Musselburgh
Parsnip Avonresister
Pea, Mangetout Oregon Sugar Pod
Pea Kelvedon Wonder
Tomato, cherry Sweet 100
Tomato Shirley

Cheers

Mike

Old 16-01-2004, 06:33 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Mike & Karen
writes
I want to buy some veg seeds - where is good (online/mailorder) to get
them from? Thinking of the following varieties....

Beet, leaf Ruby Chard
Beet, root Cheltenham Green top
Broccoli Purple sprouting (early)
Brussels Sprouts ? Late variety
Chili As many as possible
Carrots Purple carrot, existing
Leek Musselburgh
Parsnip Avonresister
Pea, Mangetout Oregon Sugar Pod
Pea Kelvedon Wonder
Tomato, cherry Sweet 100
Tomato Shirley

Organic Gardening Catalogue: www.OrganicCatalog.com
D.T.Brown: www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk
Edwin Tucker & Sons Ltd.: www.edwintucker.com
Halcyon Seeds: www.halcyonseeds.co.uk
Marshalls seeds: Order line 01 945 466 711
Thompson & Morgan: www.thompson-morgan.com
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 16-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Bob Hobden

"Mike & Karen" wrote in message
I want to buy some veg seeds - where is good (online/mailorder) to get
them from? Thinking of the following varieties....

Alan has mentioned most of them but if you want heritage varieties then do a
search for..... Thomas Etty Esq..... some of the tall peas are well worth
growing as are the Chertsey or Long Red Surrey carrots (we save our own seed
of these).

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
359 data units completed.

Old 16-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
Alan has mentioned most of them but if you want heritage varieties then do a
search for..... Thomas Etty Esq..... some of the tall peas are well worth
growing as are the Chertsey or Long Red Surrey carrots (we save our own seed
of these).

Re. tall peas, Alderman was always a tall favourite, and it does well
both indoors and out. A very interesting heritage variety of vining pea
making a come-back is the Pea-Bean. It has fascinating chocolate and
cream coloured seeds which can be dried for storage.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.