Old 25-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Bob H

Default ATTN: Kay Easton

Hi Kay,
could you please tell me/ remind me, what the name of that
garden centre up near Yeadon was called again please?

I went to another one today to find out what type of conifer I have that is
discoloured. I found out that it was not a juniper, as I first thought , but
a Chamaecyparis, probably the C.I. Elwoodii variety. I was told that the
discolouration etc was most likely to be wind burn, coupled with dryness and
compactness of the root ball. Further I was told that the discolouration is
irrecoverable, that is it won't go back to green again.

So now I want to replace the 2 said conifers with something a bit more
tolerant of the wind.

Thanks
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Old 25-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Bob H
writes

Hi Kay,
could you please tell me/ remind me, what the name of that
garden centre up near Yeadon was called again please?

High Trees. Get up to Yeadon airport, head for Pool. Half way there,
turn right at the traffic lights on top of the hill. High Trees is about
a mile on the right.

I *think* the road continues into Cookridge .. wait a minute, i can do
better than that! Otley Old Road - see:

http://www.hightrees.co.uk/about.htm

So now I want to replace the 2 said conifers with something a bit more
tolerant of the wind.

There's always someone around who can advise, but you might have to get
someone to go and find them for you!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 25-01-2004, 10:12 PM
martin

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:02:05 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Bob H
writes

Hi Kay,
could you please tell me/ remind me, what the name of that
garden centre up near Yeadon was called again please?

High Trees. Get up to Yeadon airport, head for Pool. Half way there,
turn right at the traffic lights on top of the hill. High Trees is about
a mile on the right.

I *think* the road continues into Cookridge .. wait a minute, i can do
better than that! Otley Old Road - see:

http://www.hightrees.co.uk/about.htm

for some reason the link to the map is broken, I've told them.

So now I want to replace the 2 said conifers with something a bit more
tolerant of the wind.

There's always someone around who can advise, but you might have to get
someone to go and find them for you!

Billy Bedding Plant? :-)
--
Martin